Martinsville VA - Martinsville, VA
2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor
The principal function of this position is to assist the Maintenance Manager in the management, supervision, and execution of all plant operations. To include assisting the Maintenance Manager with the following
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
• Supervision and guidance of maintenance department personnel so that they understand their role and function effectively as a support unit of production.
• Coordinate with all departments on Maintenance issues.
• Manage, mentor, and continually develop department mechanics.
• Ensure the daily/weekly maintenance plan is executed to acceptable standards.
• Determine opportunities and select methods for optimizing or upgrading existing equipment.
• Implement system installations to minimize production downtime and improve safety, while being cost-efficient.
• Manage building systems maintenance and repairs to provide superior employee comfort, safety, and productivity.
• On existing assets, reviews and evaluates performance to identify systemic issues.
• Inspect construction and installation process.
• Coordinate projects with maintenance staff.
• Follow and enforce safety procedures and ensure all required trainings are completed on- time.
• Supervise and train maintenance staff including organizing/prioritizing/scheduling preventative maintenance work assignments.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications:
Education and Work Experience
• High school diploma and relevant years of experience is required. Associate’s and/or bachelor’s degree in a technical field is preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of industrial maintenance and electrical experience, PLC and food manufacturing industry experience is preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of experience managing a maintenance team within a manufacturing environment
• Strong electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and troubleshooting experience
• Ability to bring a maintenance team together, develop all levels of maintenance technicians and work in a team environment within a diverse workforce
• Experience with TPM is a plus
• Strong sense of job ownership/accountability with effective verbal and written communication skills
• Must be flexible and able to work overtime and weekends when required
• Valid driver’s license