BGDC Distribution is looking for a Night-shift Warehouse Supervisor to join our team in Salem, VA!
Schedule: 8PM-7AM Wednesday-Saturday
Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager or Assistant General Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities of an assigned work team on a shift basis by directing assigned Associates in the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of customer product in a manner consistent with service and cost objectives.
Essential Functions: • Supervise and coordinate the most efficient unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of quality.
• Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
• Responsible for the cross communication between shifts.
• Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
• Maintain a clean; neat, and orderly work area; ensure all security policies and procedures are followed.
• Ensure Associates follow all safety policies and procedures. Thoroughly investigate and report all safety accidents and violations in a timely manner. Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
• Ensure proper food safety practices are maintained.
• Direct the operations of the assigned work team to achieve prescribed objectives.
• Conduct shift meetings.
• Follow all policies and procedures.
• Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
• Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
• Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
• Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
• Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as safety.
• Perform all safety and sanitation audit as required on schedule
• Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, or career development.
• Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or disciplinary measures.
• Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
• Resolve personnel problems, complaints, or formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
• Other duties as requested.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
• Ability to perform the same work duties as those supervised or performs more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
• Ability to supervise employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
• Must be able to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to coaching from a manager.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
Tools and Technology Required:
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Desktop computers
• HS Diploma, Associates Degree Preferred
• 2+ years supervisory or warehouse experience
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: $65,000.00 (minimum) DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: 401K, Dental, Holidays, Life Insurance, Medical, Other, Retirement/Pension, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance, Vacation, Vision Other Benefits: Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Hours per Week:
View what local employers are paying Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers