Roanoke County Public Schools is currently seeking applicants for a Work-Based Learning Coordinator. This position is a 200 day contract, 7.33 hours/day, eligible for benefits, on the RCPS Pay Plan Grade 123.
Position Description/Job Summary : The Work-Based Learning (WBL) Coordinator provides leadership and direction to the District's work-based learning programs. Assists in developing work-based learning programs at the middle school and high school levels and reports to the CTE Director.
• Ensure all WBL opportunities are completed with fidelity per VDOE guidelines as provided in the most current WBL Guide
• Collaborate with RCPS teachers to develop additional WBL opportunities for RCPS students
• Maintain knowledge of current CCCRI criteria and assist base high school administrators with maximizing the CCCRI via WBL, as needed
• Effectively use career exploration and Academic and Career Plan (ACP) software platform to assist with providing WBL opportunities
• Be the point-of-contact for Reg. Apprenticeship - grading, evaluations, concerns, paperwork
• Coordinate Reg. Apprenticeship Signing Day and Showcase events
• Participate in regional Registered Apprenticeship meetings with other school divisions. Lead these meetings as requested
• Connect businesses with VDOLI to begin the RA registration process
• Ensure appropriate background checks are completed on mentors/businesses and monitor annual compliance
• Communicate and collaborate with teachers who organize Co-op, internships and clinicals in current programs
• Collaborate with RCPS DBA to ensure WBL experiences are properly coded in RCPS database
• Work with students to incorporate WBL opportunity(s) into their Profile of a Graduate
• Collaborate with secondary counselors to promote WBL opportunities at the MS and HS levels
• Collaborate with Counseling to ensure student schedules are maximized for WBL experience opportunity(s) during the school day
• Collaborate with base schools on career fair efforts
• Develop publicity information and handouts in collaboration with Public Relations Director and CTE Director
• Attend civic organization and chambers of commerce meetings to network and promote WBL opportunities for RCPS students
• Coordinate and plan a recognition event for WBL sponsor/partner companies
• Collaborate with VDOE WBL State Specialist
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with business and industry
• Join professional WBL organizations at the state and national level and attend related meetings
• Communicate regularly with the CTE Director and ensure the CTE Director is involved with RCPS-wide decisions and is kept up-to-date on the WBL front
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements/Qualifications :
A Collegiate Professional License with an endorsement at the appropriate level is required.
A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience preferred.
A minimum of two (2) years of involvement with work-based learning experiences in the classroom is preferred.
Positive interpersonal and communication skills.
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employment Type: ["OTHER"]