Division or Field Office:
Roanoke Branch Office
Department of Position:
$53,114.00 - $84,844.00 *
salary range is for this level and may vary based on actual level of role hired for
*This range represents a national range and the actual salary will depend on several factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the skills, education, training, credentials, location, and experience of an applicant, as well as level of role for which the successful candidate is hired. Position may be eligible for an annual bonus payment.
At Erie Insurance, you’re not just part of a Fortune 500 company; you’re also a valued member of a diverse and inclusive team that includes more than 5,000 employees and over 2,200 independent agencies. Our Employees work in the Home Office complex located in Erie, PA, and in our Field Offices that span 12 states and the District of Columbia.
Benefits That Go Beyond The Basics
We strive to be Above all in Service® to our customers—and to our employees. That’s why Erie Insurance offers you an exceptional benefits package, including:
• Premier health, prescription, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents. Coverage begins your first day of work.
• Low contributions to medical and prescription premiums. We currently pay up to 97% of employees’ monthly premium costs.
• Pension. We are one of only 13 Fortune 500 companies to offer a traditional pension plan. Full-time employees are vested after five years of service.
• 401(k) with up to 4% contribution match. The 401(k) is offered in addition to the pension.
• Paid time off. Paid vacation, personal days, sick days, bereavement days and parental leave.
• Career development. Including a tuition reimbursement program for higher education and industry designations.
Additional benefits that include company-paid basic life insurance; short-and long-term disability insurance; orthodontic coverage for children and adults; adoption assistance; fertility and infertility coverage; well-being programs; paid volunteer hours for service to your community; and dollar-for-dollar matching of your charitable gifts each year.
Exercises independent discretion and judgement in claims handling involving complex liability issues, to include coverage issues and minor injury claims.
• Can work anywhere in the state of VA
• Preference will be given to applicants living within the Roanoke territory or surrounding areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
Conducts investigations, evaluate and make recommendations regarding coverage and liability.
Sets and maintains reserves. Obtains documents to establish the value of claims and negotiates settlement or declines claim.
Documents files and submits final report.
Identifies subrogation opportunities and initiates appropriate action.
Negotiates with all parties, or their representatives, within designated authority.
Completes required training.
Trains and mentors.
Travel for training may be required.
The first five duties listed are the functions identified as essential to the job. Essential functions are those job duties that must be performed in order for the job to be accomplished.
Information Management Skills
Optimizes Work Processes
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of claims or customer service experience, preferably with casualty claims, required.
Equivalent educational experience will be considered. Associate's or Bachelor's degree, preferred.
Appropriate license as required by state.
Lifting/Moving 0-20 lbs; Occasional (<20%)
Lifting/Moving 20-50 lbs; Occasional (<20%)
Ability to move over 50 lbs using lifting aide equipment; Occasional (<20%)
Pushing/Pulling/moving objects, equipment with wheels; Occasional (<20%)
Climbing/accessing heights; Rarely
Driving; Occasional (<20%)
Manual Keying/Data Entry/inputting information/computer use; Frequent (50-80%)