How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Responsible for development of advanced analytical solutions for the enterprise. Works closely with clients and team members to design and implement well-formed data solutions integrated with enterprise tools such as data management solutions, national standards such as i2b2/OMOP, Epic Caboodle data marts, the enterprise data warehouse, and other self-service capabilities supporting data mining, ad hoc cohort reporting and advanced analytics, biostatistics and data science. Serves in a pivotal role in determining, performing and managing additional support to provide for the establishment of data collection tools, database design and administration, clinical data integration, data entry and statistics. All responsibilities associated with this function are performed in such a way as to support Carilion’s hallmarks of service excellence and quality.
• Designs moderately complex (or highly complex with supervision) data solutions in collaboration with clients and other team members to satisfy the reporting and advanced analytic needs of the Carilion community, with optimized data management, data extraction, data exploration, data science, and biostatistics.
• Develops and maintains moderately complex data solutions in collaboration with clients and other team members including data extracts, data analysis, data collection repositories, dimensional databases, and security infrastructure while adhering to technical solution standards and demonstrating flexibility when required. Designs and builds advanced solutions across Epic and other data sources, including the responsibility of tying together multiple systems in an agnostic environment for optimal data management and analysis. Applies analytic experience to address project and/or experimental design.
• Selects appropriate solution tools, utilizing tools such as SQL, R, Python, SAP Business Objects, REDCap, TriNetX, i2b2/OMOP services, SAS, Matlab, Snowflake and Crystal Reports as required.
• Implements new functionality and new solutions of moderate complexity in collaboration with the clients and team members.
• Adheres to Change Management policies and processes to include timely reporting of all pertinent change information, effective discussion of the changes, internal and external communications, contingency planning, support of the change event and post-change reporting.
• Documents and maintains documentation of solutions of moderate to high complexity including diagrams and flow charts illustrating solution components.
• Demonstrates logical analysis, effective troubleshooting, issue tracking and communication.
• Implements new functionality and new solutions of moderate complexity in collaboration with clients and team members.
• Provides technical support assisting the clients and management in resolving end user issues. Develops training programs and materials for end users and mentor and develop other team members.
• Provide input to technical and functional design standards for moderately complex solutions, or highly complex with oversight.
What We Require:
Education: Master’s degree required, PhD preferred, in Statistics or discipline with strong research, measurement, and statistical training.
Experience: 7+ years healthcare experience required.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must have extensive knowledge of scientific methodology specific to clinical data. Requires expertise using standard statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, STATA, R) to write programs to perform statistical analyses and prepare graphical displays of data suitable for publication, for highly complex projects. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and proven oral and written communications skills, with a strong success record of positive client communications. Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 143727
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CASB - Carilion Administrative Services Building
Shift Details: M-F, 8-5
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.