How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Decontaminates, assembles, sterilizes, and distributes instruments, supplies, and equipment for patient care. Cleans, cultures, tests, and operates various sterilizers.
• Maintain assigned work areas and equipment in a clean and organized condition to maintain required standards for handling sterilized and clean materials and to maintain a safe work environment.
• Sterilize instruments, equipment, linen, and supplies using various types of sterilizers. Load sterilizers in the prescribed manner and set controls to specified time and temperature according to material and requirements of items being sterilized. Verify appropriate sterilization cycle to ensure all parameters have been met. Complete appropriate documentation records.
• Inspect, assemble, and package instrument trays according to the prescribed manner. Mark items with identifying data and distributes or stores in designated area. Notify appropriate TL or Manager when unable to replace parts or with equipment deficiencies in the work area.
• Dispense products requested for sterile and non-sterile equipment and supplies. Assign priority to emergency requests and issue required supplies and equipment based on knowledge of procedure intended. Assemble and wrap materials, instruments and supplies according to established aseptic technique.
• Disassemble and clean instruments and equipment using approved chemical solution. Reassemble instruments and equipment after cleaning. Replace lost or damaged parts.
• Apply aseptic technique in daily work assignments.
• Cleans and/or safely operates selected equipment within the department.
• Maintains accurate documentation related to activities, including responsibility for creation of lot numbers for all sterilized items for tracking and recall purposes.
• Effectively functions in crisis situations with appropriate actions based on sound judgement and submit appropriate communications.
What We Require:
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: 1 year
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: CRCST preferred or working toward certification
Other Minimum Qualifications: Requires basic interpersonal skills. Satisfactory completion of orientation. Must be able to fulfill fundamental components/essential elements of position.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 139993
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Mon.- Fri. 3p-11p, some holidays
Recruiter: REBECCA MINOR
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4005
Recruiter Email: Rminor@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.