Life Enrichment Assistant (Activity Assistant)
Company : Name Ecumen Prairie Hill
Full-Time Monday - Friday 8:30a-4:30p
Posted Date 7 hours ago (11/16/2023 11:50 AM)
Category Life Enrichment
Location US-MN-St Peter
Ecumen Prairie Hill and Ecumen Sand Prairie are hiring a Life Enrichment Assistant (Activity Assistant). Ecumen Sand Prairie consists of 42 assisted living rental apartment homes, and Ecumen Prairie Hill consists of 43 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. Both are located in St. Peter, Minnesota.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota’s 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
This position is responsible for delivering Life Enrichment programming designed to meet and honor the physical, social, spiritual, sensory and psychological needs of all residents based on an assessment of their individual needs and interests. Advocates and promotes resident participation and choice.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30a-4:30p. Leadership on duty weekend rotation.
Ecumen offers an outstanding benefits package , including:
• Low Cost Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 401K Retirement with a Generous 6% Matching Program
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Collaborative Team Environment
• Robust Training and Mentoring
• And much more!
Essential job responsibilities include:
• Assists with individual and group activities, transport residents, notifies, encourages and assures resident participation in appropriate recreational activities according to their individual needs and plan of care, and documents resident participation as appropriate.
• Empowers residents to develop interpersonal relationships, socialize effectively and develop confidence to participate in individual and group activity programming.
• Ensures residents arrive at scheduled activities, outings and appointments in a timely manner. Transporting residents as needed.
• Maintains supplies in an orderly manner, notifies supervisor of supply needs in a timely manner.
• Monitors daily and monthly calendars of events, outings and other recreational opportunities for residents.
• Assists and supports all workers and positions in the building; identifies what needs to be done and assists as needed.
Life Enrichment Assistant
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
• Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
• Previous experience caring for seniors
• Activity Assistant Certified, ADC, CTRC
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We participate in E-Verify.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS