• Job Category: Clerical/Administration
• Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
• Location: MN - Mankato
Email a Friend Save Save Apply Now
Compeer Financial is seeking collaborative, innovative and dynamic professionals to be a part of our Top Workplace culture!
Tell me more about this opportunity.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for the monitoring and processing of all construction loan/lease draws for the organization from start of construction to completion.
• Provides exceptional service to all clients/vendors (includes, external clients, financial officers, closing coordinators and contractors), while determining if progression of project can continue during the disbursement timeframe (contact may be via phone, email and/or face to face visits).
• Completes title research of county and title company records to coordinate progression of each project.
• Monitors the progress of construction against the projects contract, budget and plan. Sets up construction project files.
• Reconciles construction fund balances and disbursements.
• Prepares project progress reports for leadership.
• Determines if a disbursement request payment should be made to the contractor or subcontractors for services. This may include review of all sworn statements, waivers, invoices, inspections and comparison to budget line items to ensure project is on track.
• Schedules inspections with third party vendors or internal team members.
• Coordinates disbursement of funds and monitors construction funds after closing.
• Works directly with Title Underwriter to address and resolve Mechanic’s Liens issues.
• Mitigates risk for clients and lenders by following the appropriate guidelines established by the Underwriter and Compeer.
• Gathers required documentation per policy (i.e. lien waivers, change orders, completion paperwork, receipts, etc.).
• Reviews construction loan documentation to ensure all requirements and conditions for each project are met. Follows up with clients and contractors to resolve any document discrepancies.
• Maintains accurate records of each draw to ensure project is within budget (i.e. Lien waiver’s, change orders, inspections, disbursement requests, disbursal record, etc.).
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Associate’s degree in business administration, legal or related field; or equivalent work experience.
• Previous years of client service experience, preferably in a financial institution.
• Knowledge of federal and state (Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin) laws, regulations and compliance requirements specific to the financial industry or Farm Credit.
• Must have a complete understanding of construction loan requirements for residential and commercial development projects.
• Basic knowledge of lending disbursement processes, procedures and documentation.
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• High level of integrity.
• Strong audit, problem solving, and organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications and customer relationship management (CRM) programs.
• Ability to remain objective in balancing business needs and risk.
• Ability to work independently manage multiple priorities and collaborate with other teams to achieve goals and represent the business.
• Basic knowledge of standard construction budget practices and techniques.
• Real estate knowledge, preferred.
Who is Compeer Financial?
Compeer Financial exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America. By joining our team, you will help empower those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities. We embrace business agility and innovative approaches to serving our clients and communities.
Why join our team?
• Amazing team members who are passionate about serving agriculture and rural America.
• Investment in our team members’ education, growth and development.
• Engagement in our communities through giving back and volunteerism.
• Flexible, collaborative and dynamic work environment.
• Great benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
• 401K (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
• Paid time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, volunteer time)
Find out why our team members choose Compeer Financial by watching this video .
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates, please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers .
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.