Skip To Job Description
View All Jobs View Our Website
Thanks for visiting our Job Board. Please review our open positions and apply to the positions that match your qualifications.
Greenbrier Management Company is based in Newport News, Virginia. Founded in 1984 by corporate owners to manage their own properties, the company expanded to include third-party property management. In its 30 plus years of business, Greenbrier Management Company continues to successfully serve both residents and owners. We have the experience and dedication sought by property owners. We maintain above-market averages for our occupancy and lease rates. Our team consists of individuals with a drive for success. Our years of experience, excellent talent, and superior customer service make us a top performer in the property management industry.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to serve as Maintenance Technician for a rapidly growing and dynamic property management organization. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general maintenance of the apartment community to include performing repairs, troubleshooting, apartment turnover, and performing preventative maintenance. This is an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced professional to be part of a passionate team of A players that are committed to success. This position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Work with the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure maintenance functions are performed properly and promptly.
• Ensure effective and timely follow up with residents, vendors and property management team on all maintenance services provided.
• Respond to all on-call emergencies in a timely manner.
• Complete and follow up on all open unresolved tickets.
• Use of general maintenance equipment including but not limited to: hand tools, ladders, landscaping equipment and required safety equipment; all equipment must be used safely.
• Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to identify required maintenance tasks, minimize liability concerns and ensure excellent curb appeal at all times.
• Participate in company training classes and meetings
• Follow policies relating to but not limited to fair housing, OSHA, pool and safety standards set by the company.
• Other tasks or duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in apartment maintenance including basic electrical & plumbing diagnostics/repair.
• Be a team player in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
• Have a positive attitude & effective communication skills.
• Enjoy helping people.
• Have basic tools for the trade.
• Provide a valid driver license, and have reliable transportation.
• Have the flexibility to occasionally respond to 'off-hour' emergency situations and resident concerns.
• HVAC certification preferred (CFC Universal).
We offer a competitive pay rate plus bonus opportunities and a benefit package that includes: medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and paid time off.
We are seeking highly motivated, career oriented, individuals who function well in a team environment. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, passionate and accountable for achieving results.
Candidates will be required to pass a credit screening, criminal background check, and drug test.
Apply for this position
Apply with Indeed
First Name *
Last Name *
Email Address *
We've received your resume. Click here to update it.
Attach resume or Paste resume
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume file
Cover Letter *
What languages do you speak fluently?
Desired salary *
In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something that will catch our eye! *
Human Check *