Requisition ID: 174607
Posting Locations: Roanoke
Rate Frequency: Hourly
Click here to view a Day in the Life of our Teammates!
Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates.
We offer great rewards , competitive pay , career advancement and growth opportunities .
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
• Paid Training
• Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
• 401(k) with Company matching on a dollar-for-dollar basis
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Group Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability
• Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Refresh and Grow your Career with Us!
This is a full-time, 2nd shift role working 4:00 pm until completion.
The Forklift Operator II is responsible for completing material movement throughout the facility and grounds by moving, loading, and unloading assets using a wide variety of material handling equipment at a proficient level, such as a forklift and, or pallet jack.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Pull specific vending and cold drink equipment to fulfill sales request needs
• Ensure all Outbound loads are secured and safe by applying protective wrapping as needed and that the proper documentation is attached (STO)
• Load and unload trailers, as needed, to support delivery activities following CCCI SOPs to ensure accuracy by updating SAP, CONA via handhelds for accountability of Inbound and outbound loads to, from territories supported by Regional Operation Center
• Perform all safety and housekeeping activities, including conducting pre-and post-trip checks, reviewing daily documentation for accuracy, and keeping the work area neat and clutter-free
• Perform miscellaneous activities as directed, assist with staging equipment and other movements, including junking equipment and yard maintenance
• Utilize a switcher to maneuver 53’ and pup trailers to the dock as needed
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Working knowledge of basic safety principles, including proper lifting and use of personal protective equipment
• Advanced forklift skills (single-wide), with the ability to operate forklifts safely and efficiently in a small area
• Basic pallet-jack skills
• Rudimentary mechanical skills and simple tool usage
• Ability to operate multiple pieces of simple machinery
• Read and Follow written SOP’s or instructions
• Complete forms (handwritten and, or computer-based) to document activities and results
• Follow verbal instructions Intermediate math skills
• Thorough understanding of elements contributing to productivity
• Capacity to assess order building, loading workflow and choose optimum pick, load path
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple processes to support overall system efficiency
• Ability to consistently count received and compare to manifest with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to consistently load trucks following documentation with a high degree of accuracy
• Possess strong communication skills
• Must be able to work in extremely high and low temperatures, noisy conditions, slippery walking surfaces, and broken glass
• Occasionally lifting over 25 lbs. and rarely up to or over 50 lbs.
• Ability to sit for long periods
• Frequent getting on, off of a forklift
• Opening and closing truck dock doors
• Forklift, pallet jack certification
• Switcher operation certification
• Class A CDL where required
• Previous experience in a logistics environment
• Understanding of truck, trailer loading strategies, and weight distribution principles
Noisy and non-temperature-controlled environment including high and low-temperature environments
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.