Position Title Process Quality Engineer
Country United States
Position Description Are you Born Ready?
The Mack MD manufacturing plant, located just outside of Roanoke. We would like you to be a part of our team.
This is how you will make an impact.
As the Process Quality Engineer, your main role will be as a Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the core Quality Processes horizontally integrated into the production shop floor. In addition to maintaining and upholding internal processes, you will facilitate the journey to implement Global Volvo Group best practices.
You will require strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to ensure the highest level of acceptance and understanding of the concepts to be enforced. Due to the complexities of the processes and concepts, a strong analytic thinking candidate is also preferred.
• You will be the Subject Matter Expert on the application and maintenance of Quality Processes and Concepts
• Uphold premium quality by advocating for the customer
• Develop and implement quality assurance processes and tools
• Support quality training coordination
• Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other quality problems that adversely affect plant operations. To fulfill this responsibility the Quality Engineer will:
• Conduct data and statistical analysis techniques
• Implement Lean Manufacturing and Root Cause Analysis methods
• Manage and maintain Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action Systems
Who are you?
You have at least five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. BS in Quality, Manufacturing or Product Engineering is preferred. CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) and/or Six Sigma Yellow or higher is preferred as well.
You will have proven success in the ability Proven ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion.
What we have to offer you?
• Great work/life balance
• Competitive base salary
• Eligible for annual company bonus
• Comprehensive group health benefits package
• Excellent 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
• Strong paid time-off benefits
• Volvo Group University for professional development
• Workplace Health and Wellness program
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to make us a stronger and better organization. The motivation and passion to support our customers set us apart from others that want to be like us. Our company culture is how we interact with each other, with our customers and society as a whole. It is the foundation on which everything else is built. We embrace new ideas and constantly challenge the status quo innovation is driven by a willingness to change to stay ahead and find smart ways to create new solutions.
About us Founded in 1900, Mack Trucks is an iconic brand that embodies the American spirit: pioneering, hard-working, authentic and ambitious. Mack trucks are recognized around the world as “The American Truck You Can Count On,” thanks to our durable, reliable and application-driven vehicles that get the job done. With Mack Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Auto req ID 145351BR
Organization Mack Trucks
State / Province Virginia
Employment/Assignment Type Regular
Travel Required (maximum) Occasional Travel
Functional Area Quality & Environment
Last application date 30-Nov-2023
US Disclaimer text Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer