Harrison Ford of Mankato - Mankato, MN
Under the direct supervision of the Service Manager this position sells and schedules needed service work in the quick lane and service departments. This role also maintains a clean, cordial and professional atmosphere for service reception, work scheduling, job assignments and general correspondence with customers and technicians. This is a full time position that will be five days a week that includes weekends. Most weeks will average 40-45 working hours.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Greet customers, answer telephones, receive and schedule appointments
• Obtain customer info, vehicle data, work requested, and signature on work order
• Utilize customer complaint questionnaires to achieve accurate troubleshooting
• Refers to Mankato Ford for warranty coverage assessment
• Promote the sale of labor, parts, and accessories
• Prepare formal estimates when customers want a price on a job
• Open repair orders with clear information and instructions about work to be done.
• Establish method of payment; Obtain credit approval from the office manager if necessary
• Establish "time promised" for every job. Ensure that work distribution is such that we exceed customers’ expectations
• Advise customers promptly when it is evident that work will be finished sooner or later than promised.
• Monitor technicians in the performance of their duties keeping constantly informed on the operations being performed in the shop
• Schedule, assign and supervise work with the objective of maximizing the balance of quality, and the three P’s Profit, Productivity, and Personnel
• Follow up progress of jobs and advise customers if original estimate is increasing
• Communicates progress of job with customers to ensure that they are aware when the job changes
• Review report cards turned in by technicians to ensure that assigned work has been performed and the repair order has been completed properly
• High school degree minimum with a preferred two year college degree
• Ability to work with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Previous customer service experience preferred
• Good written and verbal communication skills