The Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Accounting is responsible for leading, developing and driving day-to-day accounting activities, annual budget & quarterly forecasting, month-end close processes, monthly financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries in accordance with US GAAP and company policies. The AVP of accounting is also responsible for all aspects of the company's accounts payable functions and will provide proper cash planning. This position will be a partner to the executive team and community leaders by utilizing financial and accounting acumen across the company. This position reports directly to the CFO and provides oversight of the Senior Controller, Director of Accounting and a team of approximately 12 staff accountants and accounts payable specialist.
The AVP of Accounting will have proven industry experience; senior living / healthcare preferred, as an accounting leader with a financial analyst skill set in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, this position will make it their mission to streamline our budgeting & forecasting, financial reporting processes, accounting functions, cash planning, mitigate risk, and support operations. The AVP will produce thorough timely and accurate financial reports for senior management to improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
* Lead accounting and accounts payable team members.
* Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual accounting closes processes and reporting.
* Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to adhere to GAAP standards.
* Develop and implement effective preventive and detective internal controls to ensure the accuracy of financial statements and protect company assets.
* Operationalize accounting systems and processes to deliver continuous improvement.
* Complete monthly forecast and oversee completion of annual budget.
* Prepare monthly operating results analysis package for presentation to company ownership.
* Ensure timely and accurate payment of vendors.
* Effectively manage business cash flow.
* Provide timely analysis through data mining of company systems to help drive business decisions.
* Establish internal auditing processes and coordinate external audits.
* Other duties as assigned by management.
* 401k + Fulltime & Part-time Benefits Packages
* Employee Referral Bonus + Incentives (free meals, movie tickets, dining, automotive deals, retail discounts, finance/legal, consulting, electronics, and more!)
* Training, Development & Career Laddering
* Great work-life balance
* Flexible Scheduling
* Telehealth + Flex Spending + Health Savings Account Options