The Accounts Payable Manager will own the timely and compliant completion of the Company's Accounts Payable (AP) processes. This position will have approximately (5) direct reports, which is the entire Accounts Payable department staff. The position will manage the operations of the department, including the staff, the processes, and the operational programs. Other responsibilities include reporting, 1099 processing and filing, compliance with the organization's operational and approval authority controls. The position will also be responsible for monitoring the efficiency of the processes, programs and controls in place and making recommendations for improvements. The position will be required to coordinate efforts with other stakeholders within the organization to achieve operation excellence
* Manages and provides leadership to the Accounts Payable staff.
* Serves as primary contact for all customer and vendor questions and concerns.
* Determines priorities, manages workload, coordinates schedules, trains staff, and assists with employee evaluations.
* Monitors Accounts Payable processes to identify areas for process improvement and ensures the Company employs industry standard best practices.
* Training corporate and community associates on AP processes from Purchase Orders ("PO") to Invoice registers.
* Training corporate and community associates on best Practices for managing POs and Invoices.
* Managing AP tracking reports to make sure payables are being processed timely.
* Invoice selections for weekly check runs.
* Manages AP - Includes, Customer Vendor Relations, and the AP disbursement group which handles all check disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters.
* Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements, related to accounts payable.
* Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
* Acts as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
* Trains and evaluates associates to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards associates including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
* Develops guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices to maintain general ledger expense account and inventory records.
* Analyzes expense reports and other invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
* Reconciles accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiary vendors' ledger).
* Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
* Ensures employer identification numbers or social security numbers have been collected from all vendors for the payables clerk to prepare and submit 1099s.
* Ensures proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records in case of audits.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* 401k + Fulltime & Part-time Benefits Packages
* Employee Referral Bonus + Incentives (free meals, movie tickets, dining, automotive deals, retail discounts, finance/legal, consulting, electronics, and more!)
* Training, Development & Career Laddering
* Great work-life balance
* Flexible Scheduling
* Telehealth + Flex Spending + Health Savings Account Options
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available
View what local employers are paying Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks