STATEMENT OF JOB:
The Medication Aide (West Virginia: AMAP - Approved Medication Assistant Personnel) provides quality care and assistance with activities of daily living for residents of the community as well as assists with the administration of prescribed medications within the established scope of practice. The Medication Aide (or AMAP) encourages all residents to function at their highest level of independence and to participate in community activities. Conducts activities and provides for a meaningful experience for all residents. Responsible for ensuring a pleasurable dining experience and for representing the community in a positive manner at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assists with the administration of prescribed medications within the established scope of practice.
* Must maintain a working knowledge of all policies and procedures pertaining to the position
* Assists residents with activities of daily living
* Reports incidents involving residents to include care concerns or issues, to appropriate individuals (ex: HCC, RN/LPN, or ED)
* Perform housekeeping duties, such as making resident beds, cleaning resident apartments, common areas, dining room, etc. as directed by supervisor
* Respond promptly to all resident calls for assistance or emergency alerts
* Assists in planning and conducting activity programs for residents
* Follows confidentiality policies regarding release of resident information
* Assists residents to and from the dining room, and to and from activities
* Checks on residents, ensures attendance at meals and activities
* Checks on residents who are ill and reports status or concerns to appropriate individuals
* Communicate verbally and in writing to report resident status, upcoming community information, resident appointments, admissions, and transfers
* Assists new residents with move-in transition: provide emotional support
* Attendance to all medication trainings scheduled
* Complete medication cart audits as assigned and maintain the medication cart as directed
* Pass all medication administration observations
* Communicates all medication resident needs to the HCC and documents in the Daily Log
* Re-orders medications, faxes to pharmacy, communicates with resident family/RP as needed with changes. Reports in Daily Log
* Documents all medication administration on the EMAR/MAR. Reports all exceptions to the HCC and documented on EMAR and Daily Log.
* Completes all other duties as assigned.
* West Virginia AMAP only: Assists with administration of medications within the established scope of practice. AMAP direct supervisor regarding all medication practices is the RN. All new medications or medication changes must be reviewed with the RN before administration.
Additional Job Details
* 401k + Fulltime & Part-time Benefits Packages
* Employee Referral Bonus + Incentives (free meals, movie tickets, dining, automotive deals, retail discounts, finance/legal, consulting, electronics, and more!)
* Training, Development & Career Laddering
* Great work-life balance
* Flexible Scheduling
* Telehealth + Flex Spending + Health Savings Account Options