Monday, November 13, 2023
Friendship offers diverse senior living accommodations, award-winning care, new and innovative services as well as specialized rehab and therapy, to over 900 residents and patients. The community opened its first building in 1966 and has grown to offer the full continuum of healthcare, including an adult day care center, home care services, an on-site physician clinic and pharmacy, a transitional care unit and Bistro ’66, our newest dining venue. In 2021, Friendship received five platinum awards from Roanoker Magazine for Best Employer, Best Retirement Community, Best Rehab/Post-Op Facility, Local Company on the Grow and Local Company that Gives Back. For more information, visit friendship.us.
Friendship is seeing a jack-of-all-trades Full Time Maintenance Technician to join our Friendship – North team located on Hershberger Road in Roanoke, VA. In this position you will be responsible for facility and grounds upkeep and may work alone or with a crew. You must be a well-rounded individual who can perform on a variety of equipment units, perform building maintenance, and assist with basic groundskeeping.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Valid, unencumbered Virginia driver’s license is required
* Minimum of two years working in a maintenance role
* Must be able to frequently lift or move objects
* Must be able to work in tight spaces, a variety of indoor and outdoor weather conditions and use equipment such as ladders and/or scaffolding
* Prepares reports and maintains records of time and materials used to complete work assignments
* Service equipment, consistently paying attention to pertinent details and thereby minimizing the amount of work to be redone and also reducing the amount of equipment repair work.
* Demonstrates working knowledge of latest equipment and replacement parts. Always follows Friendship Retirement Community guidelines when purchasing needed materials and supplies.
* Repairs equipment within a reasonable time frame to ensure safety and comfort of occupants.
* Immediately reports all breakdowns of major equipment to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager.
* Develops and maintains a current knowledge of buildings systems. Typical areas include but are not limited to the following: Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Sheet Metal, Carpentry, Roofs, Doors and Locks, and Fire Alarms.
* Identifies problems in the building systems to ensure early detection and possible avoidance of breakdowns.
* Works harmoniously with building occupants to ensure their safety and comfort.
* Use all the safety equipment/clothing/shoes required in the performance of work assignments. Consistently observes and practices safety standards in accordance with OSHA.
* Is available for 24-hour emergency calls/inclement weather. Is required to be on 24 hour call one week at a time on a rotating schedule.
* Maintains a professional and courteous manner while performing duties at Friendship Retirement Community.
* Monitors inventory of supplies on hand to avoid a slow down in productivity.
* May work in buildings that provide health care, and must follow the rules, methods, and safe handling associate to blood borne pathogens.
Benefits for full time positions include:
* 401(k) retirement plan along with employer match
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account
* Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Education Assistance
* Voluntary insurance (additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness, short term disability)
* Employee Assistance Program
Friendship values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.
* Pay Type Hourly