Life Skills Specialist
Intercept Health is a family-owned agency serving various mental and behavioral health, substance use, and foster care needs in Virginia. In 1996, what started as a single group home for boys has evolved year after year to fill gaps and meet the service needs of families and communities throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
"We help people grow and live their healthiest lives."
Our team members exhibit our VALUES - STOP & ASK:
* Service Excellence - "WOW" clients, customers, and coworkers.
* Team Loyalty - help others succeed.
* Ownership - "see it, own it, solve it, do it."
* Passion - inspire with positive energy and effort.
* Authenticity - be genuine and trustworthy.
* Solution Focused - overcome challenges with creativity.
* Kindness - smile, encourage, and respect everyone.
We are currently seeking a Life Skills Specialist to be responsible for developing, with each resident, an individualized life skills and vocational plan to be implemented during the residents stay, to include: The Work Activities Matcher and/or Career Priorities Profile Second Edition, Ansell Casey Life Skills Assessment, and Barriers to Employment Success Inventory.
The Life Skills Specialist is responsible for coordinating services to minimize fragmentation of care, reduce barriers, and link children with appropriate services to ensure needs are met. They will conduct youth assessments, prepare and maintain case records. They will do preparatory counseling with youth and families for placement, discharge, or both. They will track and report regularly on progress of residents' goals and submit reports to appropriate parties.