When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We're a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together-lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you're fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you'll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.
What you'll be doing...
Installing, splicing, testing, repairing and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of customers connected. Be part of a team that makes a profound impact every single day by ensuring that our fiber-optic network performs reliably. Because here, better matters.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Making necessary preparations for splicing, rearranging and termination of cable conductors. You'll perform splicing operations in connection with the installation, rearrangement and repair of outside plant facilities.
• Operating trucks and equipment needed to perform work operations in a safe manner.
• Installing, repairing, maintaining, and testing access lines for all types of equipment and technology.
• Performing construction work using designated equipment for digging holes, placing poles, laying cable/conduit in the ground and unreeling, pulling and stringing wire/cable on poles.
• Reading and interpreting engineering plans and vendor specifications.
• Climbing ladders and poles, working aloft, perceiving differences in wire and cable colors, distinguishing audio tones, and moving/lifting items generally not exceeding 100 lbs.
• Working evenings, weekends, holidays and unscheduled shifts as determined by the needs of the business.
What we're looking for...
You know telecommunications construction and are anxious to put your knowledge and skills to work on Verizon's network. You like to be busy and well-organized to stay on top of things. You know that the whole team needs to work together to win-and you take pride in a job well done.
You'll need to have:
• Valid state driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
• Related Associate Degree or 2 or more years' relevant experience.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Test(s) RequiredField Operations Assessment, Verizon Job Fit Test B Where you'll be workingIn this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s). Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers