WHAT IS THE TAX EXEMPT/GOVERNMENT ENTITIES (TEGE)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at:
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
Tax Exempt and Government Entities, Headquarters, Shared Services, Human & Capital Resources
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
As a Front Line Manager you will:
* Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities and prepares schedules for completion of work.
* Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
* Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
* Give advice, counsel or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
* Interview candidates for positions within the organization/unit and recommend appointment, promotion or reassignment to such positions.
* Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
* Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
* Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
* Initiate ways to improve production, work processes and/or to increase the quality of the work directed.