Summary: The Bus Operators are responsible for safely transporting passengers over specified routes according to established time schedules.
Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned. • Operates buses along fixed routes according to time schedules safely; assists passengers with route and schedule information. Adheres to fixed route and schedule and deadhead routes unless otherwise instructed by a supervisor.
• Follows Company procedures for collecting fares on board the buses; accurately counts and records passengers boarding the vehicle.
• Complies with all Company, state and local traffic regulations; adheres to all company safety and accident reporting procedures.
• Assist Passengers in accordance with ADA requirements.
• Maintains professional appearance and behavior at all times; serves as the Companys primary contact with the public.
• Responsible for knowledge and compliance with all Company operating procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook of Company Polices and Procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to operate radio communication when necessary and ability to operate all vehicle types used in transporting passengers.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: $18.87 (minimum) DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: 401K, Dental, Holidays, Life Insurance, Medical, Other, Retirement/Pension, Uniform Allowance, Vacation, Vision Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity