SUMMARY: This position is responsible for accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions. This position is also responsible for the distribution of tickets and passes. This position is charged with supporting the strategic direction of the Southwestern Virginia Transit Management Company (SVTMC).
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Accounts Receivable: • Processes daily accounts receivable invoices resulting from various sales including direct customer fare media, as needed. Distributes fare media to Information Officers to sell in Campbell Court and reconciles ticket sales weekly as needed
• Processes monthly aged trail balance and customer statements. Contacts customers with monthly balances over sixty (60) days for payment arrangements.
• Maintains monthly reconciliation of Accounts Receivable tying to the A/R module and the General Ledger
• Maintains logs of distribution of fare media to IO’s.
• Maintains logs of weekly audits of IO cashboxes.
• Maintains invoice, checks, tickets, passes, parking visors, and parking key card inventories.
• Assists in preparing deposits daily for checks and cash received as needed.
• Provides the Director of Finance any materials related to accounts receivable for auditors as needed.
• Processes accounts payable invoices for payment. Reviews the invoice support to ensure that requisition, purchase order, required supporting documentation, and authorizations are complete.
• Process checks for payment through the accounting system. Prepare for mailing.
• File checks with supporting documentation in a timely manner.
• Review monthly statements from vendors to ensure that payments have been applied and that open invoices shown on the statement have been received and have been processed in the accounting system.
• Request invoices that are listed on vendor statements that have not been received or processed to ensure proper processing.
• Maintains monthly reconciliation of Accounts Payable tying to the A/P module and the General Ledger
• Provides the Director of Finance any materials related to accounts payable for auditors as needed.
• Assists in other projects as required.
Information Officer Assistance:
• Assists in maintaining petty cash to exchange currency and coins to IO’s as needed.
• Count fare-box revenue as needed.
• Assists in reconciling Information Officers’ sales form and cash box daily, as needed. Reports all overages and shortages to Accounting Supervisor.
• Distributes tickets to Information Officers to sell at Campbell Court and reconciles ticket sales.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• High school diploma or GED equivalent, required, with two (2) years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Associate degree in business or accounting with two (2) years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: $17.00 - $20.00 Hour DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: 401K, Dental, Holidays, Life Insurance, Medical, Other, Retirement/Pension, Uniform Allowance, Vacation, Vision Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks