Roanoke County Public Schools is accepting applications for a Nutrition Equipment Technician position in the Facilities and Nutrition Services Department. This position is full-time with benefits, 8 hrs./day for 260-day contract. Position is on the RCPS pay scale on DBM Grade 117.
Position Description/Job Summary :
The Nutrition Equipment Technician will be responsible for managing the upkeep, repairs, and installation of food service equipment. This position will report to the Supervisor of Nutrition and Director of Facilities.
• Manages a preventive maintenance schedule for all kitchen equipment and performs basic preventative maintenance on food service equipment.
• Installs and repairs food service equipment.
• Dispatches outside service vendors, tracks progress of work orders and supervises quality of repairs.
• Works with Supervisor of Nutrition to determine equipment replacement schedule and equipment specifications.
• Provides instruction to Nutrition staff on proper and safe operation of equipment to prevent injury and equipment damage.
• Assists Maintenance staff as needed for kitchen repairs.
• Assists Nutrition staff on project scheduling and equipment delivery.
• Performs other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the program.
• Knowledgeable of electrical standard practices, methods, tools and materials of the trade, including hazards and safety precautions.
• Maintains an attitude of mutual respect and courtesy.
• Ability to prioritize and complete work requests in a timely manner.
• Practices confidentiality.
• Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
• Reacts positively to constructive criticism and suggestions.
• Works independently or collaboratively with others in a wide variety of circumstances.
• Establishes professional relationships and communicates effectively.
• Demonstrates good safety habits and response to emergency situations.
• Exercises sound judgment in decision making.
• Organizes conflicting work priorities while coordinating multiple projects and deadlines.
• Demonstrates teamwork, flexibility, and ability to adapt to new ideas and situations.
• Possesses strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Journeyman Electrician Certificate required
• Experience in installing and servicing food service equipment preferred.
Minimum Job Requirements/Qualifications :
Has strong telephone and interpersonal communication skills. Strong work ethic, highly motivated with solid organizational skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, the general public and associates; ability to work under pressure. Very dependable; able to always work independently; ability to multi-task and/or continue a long/complicated task seamlessly through multiple interruptions.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels; physical agility to lift up to 50 pounds; to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk, to reach overhead, and to drive a vehicle.
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employment Type: ["OTHER"]