Maintenance/HVAC Specialist - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Roanoke , VA
Posted 3 days ago
Apply Now Processing...
Apply Now Processing...
Roanoke ,VA, US, 24014
How You'll Help Transform Healthcare:
Experienced HVAC & R (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration) Specialist. Maintains, troubleshoots, analyzes/evaluates, repairs and installs facility HVAC & R and BAS systems and equipment as directed including large and complex systems. Leads specialty projects.
• Performs, directs and inspects for code and regulation compliance, all HVAC & R and BAS installations, work order, change orders, emergency repairs and other HVAC & R and BAS maintenance to facility HVAC & R systems. Performs/oversees all preventative and routine maintenance on HVAC & R systems and others. Crates or modifies BAS programming to add, delete, or change equipment points or function, or to collect data for analysis.
• Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains machinery, electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, using hand and power tools and precision measuring and testing instruments. Identifies and secures appropriate supplies and equipment.
• Assists in maintaining plant-engineering capability of facility including development of systems for control for efficient and effective utilization of all utilities. Collaborates with other facility personnel to ensure timely completion of all projects. Provides direction, guidance and technical assistance as needed to other personnel.
• Documents and maintains all required records and information pertinent to assignments, work orders, instruction manuals, blueprints and other such materials as required.
• Provides training and technical updates other department personnel to expand department capabilities. Updates practices as necessary to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements. Researches new techniques, materials, equipment and makes recommendations to management.
What We Require:
Education: High school graduate or equivalent required. Graduate of a trade or vocational school with courses in blueprint reading, mathematics and physics with specialized curriculum in the HVAC & R maintenance field preferred.
Experience: Five years HVAC & R experience in commercial or healthcare related maintenance required.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Appropriate level CFC Certification. Valid Virginia Driver's License preferred for positions in the hospitals and required for Property Maintenance positions.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must possess a good understanding of BAS programming and automated building control. Familiarity with all relevant codes for hospital's and commercial occupancies. Good interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to communicate with co-workers and others. Ability to use a computerized work order control system. Ability to maintain required records, and follow verbal and written instructions. May be asked to provide basic general purpose maintenance tools. Position is deemed "emergency personnel" during emergency weather conditions. May be asked to provide own transportation and travel to other Carilion work sites. May be required to work at other Carilion facilities to meet staffing needs.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 143202
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: 7:30am-4:00pm, On-call rotating schedule
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.
Please see job description
Apply Now Processing...
As soon as possible
Employment Term and Type
Regular, Full Time
High School or Equivalent