As a member of the Education team, the Instructional Designer (ID) works with other members of the education team to develop and deploy educational solutions. The Instructional Designer also consults with stakeholders across the organization to learn needs, identify barriers, and recommend effective solutions that improve performance and meet business objectives. The position may work on-site or remote. Remote work still requires travel on site to Roanoke for the initial training period and occasional meetings thereafter.
The ideal candidate may have:
• experience with eLearning authoring tools such as Captivate and Storyline.
• experience creating visually clean designs using tools like Photoshop, illustrator, and InDesign.
• experience setting goals and driving measurable outcomes.
• experience in video production and editing.
Applicants selected for an interview need to submit a portfolio of materials they’ve developed. During the interviewing process, applicants will be asked to give a brief presentation.
Education: Preferred - Master’s degree in Instructional Design. In lieu of education, relevant work experience can suffice.
Experience: A candidate should possess at least five years of instructional design experience and has:
• designed both online and instructor-led classes.
• advanced skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• ability to consult with stakeholders, identify needs, and determine solutions.
Licenses/Certifications: None required. Relevant training certification preferred, such as C.P.L.P. Valid drivers' license and dependable transportation.
Other: Candidate should…
• have excellent customer service, communication, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrate interpersonal skills and work well in a team.
• Be able to work multiple projects while meeting deadlines and remain flexible amid changing priorities.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 105574
Employment Status: Full time
Shift Details: Mostly days, M-F.
Recruiter: JASON A BISHOP
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4039
Recruiter Email: JABishop1@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.