How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Here is the opportunity to apply your skills in a dynamic new environment and maximize your career growth with tools that will help enhance your professional development. We believe that by fostering a supportive and empowering work culture, we can create a positive impact in the world and achieve our goals together.
As a vital member of our team, you’ll play an important role by maintaining front-office workflow vital to optimizing the efficiency of the medical practice, clinic, and/or department.
The Healthcare Administrative Associate job duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
• How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
• Greet, screen, and provide service to patients and visitors.
• Process mail, fax, and other documents.
• Maintain multi-line phone system/switchboard.
• Schedule, register, and check patients in/out.
• Maintain medical records.
• Perform data management, spreadsheet functions.
• Run and maintain reports.
• Perform charge entry.
• Process billing documents and research and resolve issues.
• Collect co-payments, deductibles, and other self-pay amounts at time of service.
• Maintain cash box and receipt books.
What We Require:
• High school diploma or GED
• Minimum of two years' experience in a physician office/medical office (preferred)
• Experience with data processing and/or with multi-line telephones (preferred)
• Experience with registration and/or medical insurance (preferred)
• Knowledge of office procedures and equipment
• Effective interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
• Automated computer system proficiency
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 143261
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Neurosurgery (Institute for Orthopaedics and Neurosciences)
Shift Details: M-F
Recruiter: EMILY F ALLEN
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.