How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Here’s your opportunity to work in a challenging and impactful environment defined by compassion, innovation, and a deep commitment to your personal well-being and professional development. As a vital member of our team, you’ll provide technical clinical services and clerical support for the delivery of quality patient care as directed by licensed staff, a physician or a mid-level practitioner.
• Collects patient assessment data to include height, weight, vital signs, chief complaint/symptoms, and current medications for assessment by licensed staff.
• Prepares the patient for provider evaluation by obtaining specimens, positioning for exams, listing medications, and assisting during exams and procedures.
• Maintain work area, exam treatment and x-ray rooms, and lab in a clean, safe manner; restock with supplies and instruments; and sterilize reusable equipment as needed.
• Assists with lab procedures by collecting urine specimens, collecting and preparing blood samples for reference lab; labeling all specimens with accurate patient ID as ordered by the physician.
• Documents patient information in the medical record to include update treatment procedures, medication refills, test results, and patient concerns, etc.
What We Require:
Education: Graduation from a Medical Assistant Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), or comparable military training and experience preferred.
Experience: One year experience in physician office preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Current Medical Assistant Certification through a recognized national professional association such as, the American Association of Medical Assistants, the American Medical Technologists, The National Association of Healthcare Professions , the American Registry of Medical Assistants, or the National Healthcare Association. May be hired on a provisional status once the applicant receives the letter confirming they have taken the certification exam and have a provisional passing score. AHA BLS-HCP Certification required.
Other : Effective communication skills in order to work with the public. Computer skills to utilize database systems to perform job duties required. Must be able to problem-solve. Keyboarding required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 143723
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Obstetrics & Gynecology - Riverside
Shift Details: Monday through Friday; no weekends or holidays
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.