How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Onsite is preferred, hybrid or remote work option is available. If remote, occasional overnight travel may be required. Candidates residing in the following states can be considered for remote work: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Virginia.
The Tax Manager leads, educates, and monitors tax procedures, tax and information return planning, and customer service. Identifies and implements opportunities for process improvement. Partners with leadership on planning, coordinating, and delivering the System’s tax services.
• Manages tax schedules, and delivery of all tax services including certain workpaper and return preparation as well as review.
• Makes recommendations to senior management on productive tax and 990 strategies to represent Carilion’s interests and mission, manage exposures, and appropriately manage and limit tax burdens.
• Manages staff, including hiring, professional development, evaluations, coaching and correction.
• Attracts, selects, develops, and retains qualified employees and is effective in using developmental planning to expand employee skills and abilities.
• Coordinates tax audits and corresponds with various taxing authorities and external consultants; works with the respective departments to gather the information requested by the auditor/consultant and serve as the liaison with the auditor/consultant.
• Researches tax issues and keeps leadership informed on pending tax legislation and its impact on Carilion.
• Develops and implements actionable work plans with measurable outcomes. Continually assesses and reallocates resources to meet demands, including making professional judgments on the need for outside consulting and resources.
• Understands the scope and reach of all aspects of Carilion’s for-profit and non-profit federal, state and local tax and information returns.
• Delivers efficient, consistent, accurate, and timely services, while being cost-effective.
• Recognizes and acts on opportunities for growth and improvement to advance Carilion goals.
• Uses project management principles to accomplish goals, seeks out appropriate resources and proactively anticipates change within the market, industry, and organization.
What We Require:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration with a concentration in Accounting or Tax or 4 years of equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in tax services with previous management and/or nonprofit healthcare experience preferred.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration : CMA or CPA designation, or exam qualification preferred, but not required.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
• Inspires enthusiasm and builds support for projects.
• Must apply key financial/tax concepts and analysis to decision making.
• Must accommodate frequent, non-negotiable deadlines.
• Frequently responsible for multiple priorities.
• Must maintain client service approach while maintaining organization’s overall interests.
• Good working knowledge of PCs and office equipment.
• Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and tax software.
• Requires excellent writing, interpersonal and analytical skills.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 143736
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CASB - Carilion Administrative Services Building
Shift Details: 9am-5pm
Recruiter: DAVID L NIVEN
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4057
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.