Maintenance Porter - Driving
Requisition ID 2023-40215
Location (Location assigned to this requisition will be billed for any background checks and drug tests ordered against this requisition) : Location US-VA-ROANOKE
Location Name 08544 - (R) CITY OF ROANOKE
Location (Location assigned to this requisition will be billed for any background checks and drug tests ordered against this requisition) : Address 2 117 CHURCH AVE SW
Location (Location assigned to this requisition will be billed for any background checks and drug tests ordered against this requisition) : City ROANOKE
Location (Location assigned to this requisition will be billed for any background checks and drug tests ordered against this requisition) : State/Province VA
Location (Location assigned to this requisition will be billed for any background checks and drug tests ordered against this requisition) : Postal Code 24011-1905
JobLocation_Header ROANOKE VA United States
Position Type (Portal Searching) Part-Time
Category (Portal Searching) Parking Operations
SP+ is driven by Our Promise, “Making Every Moment Matter for a World on the Go.” Our team understands that time is scarce, so we are intentional about putting ourselves in the shoes of those we serve. The result is a unique combination of talented people and industry-leading technology that enables SP+ to prioritize each and every moment, recognizing that the time colleagues, clients and customers invest in us must always matter.
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Basic Function - This position is involved with facility maintenance duties and customer interface. Previous experience is preferred, but not required in all positions. Individual must be able to perform with minimum supervision. Other duties may include: equipment service and general housekeeping tasks.
• Perform all maintenance and cleaning tasks noted in the checklists and as directed by the facility manager/supervisor to ensure that all dirt, dust, litter and debris is removed from all areas of the facility using brooms, mops, brushes and other hand tools.
• Walk garage daily to note and correct any maintenance problems.
• Sweep and pick up around the entrances and exits to the garage and stairwells as well as clean surface area rails, etc. on all levels, the booth, the office and rest rooms.
• Empty all trashcans in the garage, the booth and the office.
• Paint any and all areas of the facility as directed by the facility manager/supervisor to ensure that all painted surfaces such as poles, signs, doors, walls, curbs, islands, gates, etc. are properly maintained and look neat and clean.
• Replace burned out bulbs.
• Apply oil absorbent to oil spills.
• Submit requests for repairs or maintenance.
• Check conditions of safety items, such as gate arms to ensure clearance bars are secure.
• Check ticket spitters and gates daily for proper operations, ticket supply, accuracy of time on clock and general appearance.
• Provide ticket and record gate counters to the Manager.
• Keep an inventory of janitorial supplies.
• Maintain a garage/lot sweep sheet.
• Operate automatic sweepers, scrubbers, outdoor equipment such as weed eater, lawnmowers or other electrical tools to repair or construct items, as applicable.
• Shovel, plow or blow snow from the entrance or exit ramps and in areas designated by the Facility Manager using shovels, snow blowers and other light duty equipment.
• Report any unknown, observed or suspected violations of company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility Manager in a timely manner.
• Practice the Three Keys to Customer Satisfaction including the Five Customer Service Behaviors to ensure successful customer interactions.
• Assist customers within the facility or as directed by the Facility Manager/Supervisor.
• Resolve customer complaints independently or with the aid of a supervisor.
• Be familiar with all aspects of the operation and cover other duties including cashier, attendant, etc. on an as needed basis.
• Maintain a neat and clean appearance and arrive and remain complete uniform before and during scheduled shifts.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or a combination of experience and education. May require facility maintenance, electrical and or painting experience and or skills training depending on the job assignment and facility.
License Requirement: The employee will be required to have and maintain a valid state-issued driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be a requirement.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Customer Service: Maintains positive attitude. Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure.
Language Ability: Ability to read, write and interpret the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and to communicate with customers and fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stand or walk for long periods of time (up to 8 hours). The employee is also frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. In addition, the employee is required to of twist, turn, stretch, and bend on a frequent basis. The employee must be able to lift and move 50 pounds or more regularly. The employee must be able to move in a relatively quick manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus. Ability to withstand working with dust, chemicals and other possible irritants and work in extreme weather conditions (rain, snow, cold, heat).
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment or retaliation against any employee or applicant based on these characteristics or because the individual exercised their EEO rights.
Apply Online Apply Online
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Candidate FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS