Roanoke , VA
Posted 1 day ago
Apply Now Processing...
Apply Now Processing...
Job ID: 38229
Roanoke, VA, US
Contract Type: Permanent
Location Type: On-site
Talent Area: Production/Technicians
Trivium Packaging is aglobal sustainability leader in metal packagingwith more than 60 locations worldwide, nearly 8,000 employees, and an annualrevenue of approximately 3.0 billion. Trivium serves a diverse range of customers in a variety of end markets such as food, seafood, pet food, nutrition, beauty and personal care, household care, and premium beverages.
Trivium wants to shape the industry and has embarked on anambitious transformation journey. In the near term, focus is on building & upskilling the team, deciding where to play & how to win, and increasing financial performance byexecuting the Trivium Business System(commercial, operational, and supply chain excellence). Sustainability is embedded in our materials and in our actions.Trivium has ambitious sustainability targets and focuses exclusively onproducts that are infinitely recyclable. Our company sustainability journey has been awarded with a Platinum medal by EcoVadis, the world's leading rating agent who allocated this award only to the top 1% of the >75000 companies reviewed. Sustainability is embedded in each and every function at Trivium, it's in our DNA. The global head office is at Amsterdam Airport; however, many people work in virtual teams from different countries.Our culture is results-driven, entrepreneurial, informal, and highly multicultural.Our people have a high degree of responsibility.
The Operator Technician will maintain and operate DWI or 3-Piece equipment in their assigned department. The position is responsible for maintaining optimum levels of production efficiency, spoilage and quality levels while working in a safe manner and complying with all safety and quality procedures.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Comply with safety policies and practices and participate in the plant Safety Program.
• Maintain a safe work environment for self and all team members and equipment through daily 5S, housekeeping activities, vehicle safety checks and report all unsafe acts or conditions.
• Ability to work any shift including 12-hour shifts, weekend shifts, holidays, maintenance days, etc.
• Provide accurate reporting of safety, quality, production, and efficiency.
• Work with team members to make recommendations for process improvements.
• Participate in the Skills Acquisition and Training Program
• Operate and/or work around highly automated systems including robotic equipment.
• Production equipment operation.
• Dimensional and visual quality checks.
• Machinery installations, overhauls and upgrades.
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks.
• Assisting in trial runs (SMA's)
• Lean Six Sigma (LSS) projects.
• Conduct inventory of materials to ensure sufficient stock to maintain operations.
• Forklift operation, sorting defective product and troubleshooting.
• Packing and packaging support at palletizer systems and provide break relief.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
• Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
• Ability to read and interpret written documentation.
• Must be team oriented with high energy and initiative.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Proven problem-solving experience.
• Ability to operate a computer.
• Must adhere to and support the Trivium Code of Conduct.
• Ability to operate and/or work around highly automated industrial equipment safely and efficiently.
• Ability to work with all levels of personnel.
• Ability to complete safety, quality and production documentation as needed.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to adapt to changing initiatives.
• Mechanical aptitude to fulfill essential duties, responsibilities, and accountabilities. (maintenance/operations positions only)
• Working knowledge of measuring devices.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Mechanical experience in a manufacturing / industrial environment preferred.
• Maintenance technician or technical production training certification preferred.
• Basic computer skills required
BRINGING YOUR TRUE SELF TO WORK
To reach our goals, we know we need colleagues at all levels who are truly diverse in every way. That's why we are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people and It's business critical for us to ensure all our people have what they need to perform at their best and can be their true selves at work.
Trivium Packaging is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply Now Processing...
As soon as possible
Employment Term and Type
Regular, Full Time
High School or Equivalent