We are hiring for an Executive Director, RN.
At Commonwealth Healthcare at Home, a part of LHC Group we embrace a culture of caring, belonging, and trust and enjoy the meaningful connections that come from it: for the whole patient, their families, each other, and the communities we serve—it truly is all about helping people.
We strive to offer benefits that reward the whole you!
• employee wellness programs
• flexibility for true work-life balance
• holidays & paid time off
• continuing education & career growth opportunities
• company-wide support & resources to help you achieve your goals
Take your career to a new level of caring. Apply today!
The Executive Director serves as the Administrator of the entire home health provider and is responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day operations. This includes: coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively support the immediate and long range objectives of the company; oversight of the eligibility of patients referred to home care services, planning for the services to be provided to patients and supervising their total home health care; implementing and maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations; enhancing the profitability of the agency; and providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the company.
• Responsible for directing day-to-day operations of the provider and supervision of provider staff.
• Ensures that the Clinical and/or Executive Director is available during all operating hours or directly provides coverage for those duties. Must be immediately available to be on-site during business hours, or immediately available by telephone when offsite conducting agency business, including but not limited to community presentations, conferences, and meetings with physicians. Available after hours as needed.
• Supervises and ensures high quality patient care services throughout the episode of care. This includes overseeing: referral coordination, assuring that patient needs are continually assessed, and assuring the development, implementation, and updates of the patient's individualized plan of care. Ensures coordination with physician, family, and other clinicians involved in care as appropriate.
• Communicates effectively with staff to ensure they are informed through staff meetings, case conferences, and mandatory in-services.
• Supervises patient care to ensure the delivery of safe, economical, and efficient patient care, which adheres to relevant standards of accepted nursing and medical practice, to include federal and state regulations, and Joint Commission standards, as well as to ensure compliance with payer source criteria and LHC policies. This includes ensuring patient care is provided according to the plan of care as ordered by the physician.
• Oversees all survey readiness activities, actual surveys, and ensures plans of correction are developed, implemented, and monitored.
• Supervises agency staff worker’s performance and monitors and assesses employee performance regularly utilizing the clinician scorecards, and yearly with the performance evaluation tool.
• Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Oversees licensure verification, certification, and credentialing as required by law and policy prior to employment and annually, thereafter.
• Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
• Serves as the governing leader of the provider, leads the QAPI Team according to required timeframes, and oversees annual Performance Improvement Projects and annual strategic agency planning ensuring follow up on any required action plans. Maintains and documents an infection control program which has as its goal the prevention and control of infections and communicable diseases.
• Conducts at least monthly meetings with the medical director if applicable. Approves medical director invoices and submits monthly to the Home Office with appropriate supporting documentation for timely payment.
• Drives Operational metrics, including but not limited to the following: productivity, VBP, SVP, ACH, claims alert, late EMS, unverified services, orders audit, and agency financial statements to ensure the organization is on target with company goals related to operational efficiency, growth, quality, and finances. Follows up, addresses issues, and implements action plans as appropriate to meet goals.
• Acts as Emergency Coordinator during emergencies and ensures appropriate plan execution.
• Works with external customers to represent the agency and completes a timely and thorough investigation of concerns voiced by patients, caregivers and referral sources and follows up with the complainant to ensure satisfaction with the resolution of the complaint. Maintains confidential documentation within the information system. Collaborates with the sales team to grow the business.
• All other duties assigned.
Education and Experience
• Registered nurse with at least 1 year supervisory or administrative experience in a home healthcare or a related field.
• Current CPR certification required.
• Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
UNAVAILABLE $0 per YEAR Employment Type: UNAVAILABLE