The pay range for this role is $15 - $17 an hour based on education and experience. The hours for this role is 3pm - midnight.
Intercept Health is a family-owned agency serving various mental and behavioral health, substance use, and foster care needs in Virginia. In 1996, what started as a single group home for boys has evolved year after year to fill gaps and meet the service needs of families and communities throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
"We help people grow and live their healthiest lives."
Our team members exhibit our VALUES - STOP & ASK :
• S ervice Excellence - "WOW" clients, customers, and coworkers.
• T eam Loyalty - help others succeed.
• O wnership - "see it, own it, solve it, do it."
• P assion - inspire with positive energy and effort.
• A uthenticity - be genuine and trustworthy.
• S olution Focused - overcome challenges with creativity.
• K indness - smile, encourage, and respect everyone.
Intercept Health is now hiring a Full Time Residential Specialist . The Residential Specialist is responsible for serving as a positive role model for residents. The Residential Specialist contributes to the formulation and implementation of resident treatment plans and works via role modeling to develop socially effective values, attitudes, and behaviors within residents. This role reports to the Program Manager.
Education and Experience Required:
• A Bachelor's Degree in a Virginia Board of Counseling approved Human Service degree, OR
• An Associate's Degree and at least three months experience working with children, young adults, or with individuals involved with the Department of Juvenile Justice; OR
• A High School Diploma or G.E.D with at least six months of experience working with children, young adults, or with individuals involved with the Department of Juvenile Justice
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Make rounds minimally every half-hour to ensure resident safety. Additionally ensure safety and security by completing random room checks/property searches.
• Facilitate resident medical and other outside appointments, including scheduling appointments, communicating appointments, and transporting residents.
• Administer medications as appropriate.
• Actively facilitating recreational and leisure skill building that introduce residents to new skills/hobbies, to include physically and mentally stimulating activities.
• Notify Program Manager, Director, or designee of any unusual events, accidents, medical problems, etc, and complete required documentation.
• As well as other duties as assigned.
To review the full job description and to more about Intercept Health, please visit: www.intercepthealth.com
Intercept Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the clients we serve. For more information about Intercept Health, please visit our website www.intercepthealth.com.
$15-$17 per Employment Type: Full-Time