The Project Analyst position provides day to day support to project managers and supervisors to ensure assigned projects are properly set up, assigned, and tracked appropriately throughout their lifecycle. The Project Analyst must have a strong working knowledge of both client and Pike Engineering work management and accounting processes/systems in order to perform the functions of the role. The role will have daily interaction with field and engineering groups as well as client representatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
With limited supervision, the incumbent will:
Plays an active role in project analysis, project workflow and assists in the preparation of deliverables to achieve defined objectives to the satisfaction of the client and of management.
Utilizes data gathering tools and methods to analyze and gather data needed for project requirements.
Supports the project team on project administration and process improvements.
Reviews and documents the requirements of a project throughout its lifecycle.
Provide lead support on local employee relations activities, office functions, client functions, etc
Ensures the entire project team completes the project within its planned scope and schedule. Works with project team to proactively identify issues and workable solutions affecting project results and profitability.
Enters necessary project information into the financial accounting system to allow for accurate project coding, invoicing, and accounting and reviews field technician timesheets for accuracy and operative time management.
Facilitate effective project meetings (project kickoff, client alignment, status meeting, progress review, etc.)
Promote meaningful performance related feedback/input to appropriate management and project team members
Maintain proper levels of quality control and manage document control on all projects as required; including paper and electronic filing and record keeping
Perform other dutiesas assigned by management.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK :
Non-routine; general polices applied to frequently changing situations.
RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE WORK GROUP :
Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listedbelow are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required.
2. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required High schooldegree or GED.
Preferred Associates degree(AA or equivalent from two-year college or technical school), in Engineering Technology or related field.
5-7 Year(s) Experience in distribution/utility or related field.
LANGUAGE SKILLS :
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, operational procedures, etc.
• Ability to write reports, Business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS :
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret spread sheets.
• Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent and to draw and interpret spreadsheets
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
OTHER SKILLSAND ABILITIES:
• Be well versed in the basic tenants of line construction and maintenance.
• Must have a working knowledge of and adhere to the National Electric Safety Code and the ability to recognize distribution equipment and associated hazards.
• Be held accountable for maintaining all confidences regarding highly sensitive and proprietary information.
• Assures quality workmanship and on time delivery to the client for all projects assigned.
• Supports the organization’s vision and strategy and demonstrates initiative and personal accountability to meet work demands according to the highest standard.
• Exhibit organizational and planning skill
• High commitment to achieving goals and plans
• Demonstrated skills in verbal/written communications
• Demonstrated negotiating and decision-making skill
• Demonstrated management and business skills
• Demonstrated skills in providing leadership, motivation, vision, and direction
• High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow through on assignments
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demandsdescribed here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully performthe essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• How much on the job time is spentin the following physical activities?
• Stand Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Walk Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Sit 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently)
• Talk or Hear 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently)
• Use Hands to Feel, Handle or finger tools or controls 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently)
• Climb or balance None
• Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or crawl Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Reach with Hands and Arms Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Taste or Smell None
• Does this job requirethat weight be lifted or force to be exerted?
• Up to 10 Pounds Up to 1/3
• Up to 25 Pounds Up to 1/3
• Up to 50 Pounds None
• Up to 100 Pounds None
• More than 100 Pounds None
• Does this job have any special visionrequirements?
☒Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
☒Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
☒Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eyes to bring an object into sharp focus)
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Wet, humid conditions (non- weather) None
• Work near moving mechanical parts Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Work in high, precarious places None
• Fumes or airborne particles None
• Toxic or caustic chemicals None
• Outdoor weather conditions Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Extreme cold (non-weather) None
• Extreme Heat (non-weather) None
• Risk of electrical shock None
• Work with explosives None
• Risk of radiation None
• Vibration None
Whileperforming this job, the noiselevel in the work environment is:
Moderate Noise (Examples: business office with typewriters, and or computer printer, light traffic)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike Engineering is an equal opportunity employer
Pike Engineering is a Non-Union Company
Requisition Type: Hourly
Job Schedule: Full time