Monday - Sunday 6:00am - 6:00pm
Wednesday - Thursday - Friday - Sunday 7:30pm-6:00am
Salem, VA 24153
The Forklift Operator moves pallets and other materials through the different areas throughout the warehouse, supporting production requirements in those areas, as well as loading and unloading customer trailers. Relogistics Forklift Operators also power-sort pallets by hand and may repair damaged wooden pallets by hand as part of their daily responsibilities in some locations.
All employment is contingent on completing a background check and drug test, in accordance with local and state laws and regulations.
• Making decisions regarding the movement of pallets or materials to maximize efficiency
• Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus
• Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets and transports load to designated area
• Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device
• Forklifts must be operated with extreme care, adhering to company safety procedures at all times
• Must be accountable for achieving Relogistics results while maintaining Relogistics Core Values and Safety Standards
• Hand-sorting wooden pallets, when required
• Repairing wooden pallets using a nail gun, when required
• Forklift certification preferred, not required
• Ability to promote a safe work environment
• Follow instructions for keeping records
• Understanding that overtime may be required and is considered mandatory
• Ability to work overtime and flexible schedule/shifts
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work in extreme conditions to include, but not limited to, elements, heat, cold, and air particulate
• Repetitively adjust body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for entire shifts of varying lengths
• The employee is frequently required to sit, talk hear, walk and use hands to handle, feel and reach
• Forklift operator is required to sit for long periods of time
• The noise level in the work environment is dependent on location
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required (eye protection, ear protection is mandatory at several locations, safety shoes)
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision and color vision.
• Must have a good sense of balance & good eye-hand-foot coordination
• May be required to lift pallets by hand, each weighing between 50 lbs. to 75 lbs.
• Competitive Pay
• Holiday Pay
• Referral Bonuses
• Long-Term Career Advancement
• Great Team Environment
• Full-time employees eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, AD&D and Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance on the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment
Relogistics Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer