Lacy is searching for a Sheet Metal Mechanic to join our well-established, growing company. The Sheet Metal Mechanic, under the direction of the supervisor, will be responsible for the lay out and installation of sections of a complete ductwork system. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, an outstanding work environment and much more. If you are ready to improve your career, come join our team!
• Strong/Daily attendance at work-site location
• Adheres to and executes company and project safety requirements
• Installs and assembles all forms of duct systems with minimal leaks and rework
• Installs GRD's with minimal rework, and minimal punch list items upon completion
• Practices installation with a level of professional quality and craftsmanship
• Prepares daily material lists/needs and relays this information to the sheet metal foreman and sheet metal mechanic II
• Supervises, instructions, and trains sheet metal mechanic helpers and laborers
• Networks with and help assimilate new hires into the workplace
• Operates scissor lifts, JLG lifts, and forklifts with appropriate training
• Participates in on-the-job training
• Participates in Lacy in-house training or trade school classes
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• High School level language (writing/speaking) and writing skills
• Valid Driver's license
• On-the job training participation
• OSHA 10 certification
• General understanding of construction workplaces and safety practices (signage, etc.)
• Demonstrates ability to listen, yet work with minimal supervision
• Ability to demonstrate basic drawing/blueprint reading knowledge, along with an understanding of specifications, cut sheets, RFI's, and submittals
• Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge/understand of mechanical codes and SMACNA standards
• Ability to prepare daily task reports/material lists
• Ability to lay out and rough in individual duct lines and sections of a complete duct system
Performing Physical or Mechanical Tasks
Delivering High Quality Work
Travel is frequently required to and from job site locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Stand or walk for long periods of time during a regular work day; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 pounds; climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other climbing devices; carry tools and equipment; work while in stooped, kneeling, crouched, and crawling positions; see and hear naturally or with correction, to safely perform designated tasks.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position which typically requires 40 hours per week.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the Company not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as a veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and condition of employment.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers