Hopkins|Lacy is looking for Sheet Metal Helpers. Both entry level helpers (1-4 months experience) and experienced helpers (1+ years of experience).
Helpers will be responsible for assisting workers engaged in fabrication and installation of structural or sheet metal products, performing any of the functions listed under "Essential Functions".
• Lift, position, and handle work pieces to aid in fitting and/or installation
• Holds tape and rods and marks reference points to assist in layout
• Assist in marking dimensions and reference points for layout
• Load, stack, and transport stock, tools, dies, and work in progress by hand and/or by truck
• Attach rope and/or grappling equipment to work pieces and prepare work piece for movement by crane or jib
• Paint metal stocks using paintbrush
• Picks up and trucks scrap from work area
• Judge functional, structural or compositional characteristics (whether similar to or different from regular standards), or people, data, and things
• Attend to the work assignment instructions or supervisors' orders
• Execute work-place safety regulations
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Entry Level: 1-4 months experience
• PREFERRED: 1+ years experience
Travel is frequently required to and from job site locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. They will need to stand (approximately 75%), walk (approximately 20%), and sit (approximately 5%). The employee will also need to be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle, feel, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, midrange vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position which typically requires 40 hours per week.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the Company not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as a veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and condition of employment.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Sheet Metal Workers