Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec,there's never been a better time to join us! Our company was founded on values that place the customer first and prioritize our people as our greatest strength. Over the years, those values and our talented associates have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of customers worldwide. Today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that sets the standard of excellence in design,manufacturing and service - and that's why we're the ideal place for you to grow your career.
Founded in 1929, Altec is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and signs markets. We help our customers dig deeper and reach higher in more than 100 countries around the world.
Purpose of position: this position will be classified as an Assembler position and will provide administrative support to the Maintenance Team.
• Create work orders and issue parts out of inventory
• Prepare and process purchase orders
• Communicate with suppliers and expedite parts
• Create maintenance part numbers, cycle count maintenance inventory items, and manage Min/Max levels
• Scan and maintain kanban items in maintenance
• Manage MarkView invoices for maintenance purchases and service contractors
• Manage other maintenance related administrative tasks as needed in the department
• Serve as the primary back-up for the Front Desk
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Basic computer usage knowledge required
• Oracle experience preferred
• Inventory management experience preferred
• General knowledge of at least one of the following desired:
• Manufacturing/production process
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Traditional or Roth Program Options with Company Match
• Vacation and Holidays
• Parental Leave
• Short Term and Long Term Disability Leave
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
• Supplemental Insurance including Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
• Additional Wellness Programs and Rewards Available
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Other, see job description
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory Clerks