Botetourt County Public Schools
JOB CLASS: Teacher 10/200 10/210 11/215 11/220
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
GRADE: 200, 210, 215, 220
SALARY RANGE: $45,267 to $70,644
Under direction of the school principal, plan and provide for appropriate learning experiences for students. Provide an atmosphere and an environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student. Supervise students in a variety of school related settings. Monitor and evaluate student outcomes. Communicate and interact with students, parents, staff and community. Develop, select and modify instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students. Maintain appropriate records and follow required procedures and practices. Monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
• Create a classroom environment that provides for students active engagement in the learning process and enables each student to master learning objectives.
• Provide an instructional program to meet the needs of all students.
• Prepare and make available lesson plans meet by division criteria.
• Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals.
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to the students
• Establish learning objectives consistent with identified student needs, requirements of BCPS curriculum framework and knowledge of human growth and development.
• Take all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law, BCPS policy and administrative regulations.
• Assist administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct for the classroom.
• Develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedures, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
• Make provisions for being available to students and parents for related purposes outside of the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
• Establish relationships recognizing and respecting every individual.
• Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher assistants and volunteers.
• Maintain and improve professional competence.
• Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
• Participate and share responsibility for the total school program, be a team player.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Show professionalism.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of BCPS curriculum and techniques for integrating curriculum, BCPS policies and effective instructional practices; through understanding of the teaching and learning process; ability to provide instruction that reflects multiple perspectives and multicultural education; ability to infuse technology into curriculum; ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office, school based staff, students, parents and community; excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in applicable field of education from an accredited college or university. Must have or be eligible for a teaching license from the Virginia Department of Education.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Significant standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing and pulling.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks
Last Update: November 2023
Primary Location Cloverdale Elementary School Salary Range $45,267.00 - $70,644.00 / Per Year Shift Type Full-Time