Assistant Outdoor Track Coach at Hidden Valley High School:
Hidden Valley High School is a VHSL Class 3A School, and member of the River Ridge District (RRD) and Region 3D. This position reports directly to the Athletic Director.The Assistant Outdoor Track Coach will assist in coordinating all aspects of the HVHS Outdoor Track program, including student-athlete development and academic progress, game-day operations, field maintenance and prep, organizing and leading practices, training sessions, workouts, and budget management.
The Assistant Outdoor Track Coach will assist in coordinating all aspects of the HVHS Outdoor Track program, including student-athlete development and academic progress, game-day operations, field maintenance and prep, organizing and leading practices, training sessions, workouts, and budget management.
Will cooperate with the Head Coach and/or Athletic Director in the planning, scheduling, and conducting of activities associated with the Outdoor Track program. Will help Oversees 60+ student-athletes.
• Proven integrity and leadership.
• Exemplary communication and public relations skills.
• High ideals, good habits, and desirable attitudes in personal behavior and the ability to demand the same standards of students participating in the Outdoor Track program.
• A strong commitment and ability to motivate, teach, counsel, and recruit academically and athletically qualified student-athletes.
• Experience as a high school or collegiate Outdoor Track player and/or coach, official, or travel team coach.
• Demonstrated participation in a successful Outdoor Track program.
• Ability to prepare and conduct safe and effective practices and training sessions with a background in teaching the fundamentals and skills necessary for Outdoor Track.
• Possess a clear vision and mission for the program and ability to communicate this to others.
• Ability to provide clear expectations of conduct and communicate team rules accordingly.
• Willingness to support all teams and direct his/her program in harmony with the athletic department.
• Ability to work with Hidden Valley Middle School, Roanoke County Parks and Recreation, and other running organizations, to grow interest in the sport and recruit for their program.
• Budgeting and fundraising experience.
• Knowledge of general school and VHSL/RCPS policies and procedures.
Interested parties should attach a cover letter/letter of interest and resume, as well as add past coaching experience in the Employment History section on this application.
Applications for this position will be accepted until filled.
MUST BE 21 YEARS OLD OR OLDER Employment Type: ["OTHER"]