Submission for the position: Civil Engineering Intern - Aviation & Federal (Roanoke) - (Job Number: 235190)
Civil Engineering Intern - Aviation & Federal (Roanoke)
Our Civil Interns are responsible for performing tasks requiring the application of standard civil engineering techniques and procedures. This includes standard design of civil/structural project work, assisting lead engineers with various project duties, and other duties as assigned.
Project work includes site development of a wide range of military facilities and/or design of airfield infrastructure type projects including runways, taxiways, and aprons for military, commercial or municipal clients. Some specific tasks of a civil engineer include but are not limited to:
• Master planning and designing airports and federal installations.
• Designing all elements of site development and supporting infrastructure including airfield layout and orientation, facility layout and orientation, vehicular access, pedestrian access, and stormwater management.
• Maintaining corporate technical expertise for design, construction, and evaluation for flexible and rigid pavement.
• Designing utility systems to support federal facilities, aviation facilities, and fuel system facilities.
• Managing construction of airfield pavements and other airport improvement projects.
• Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Pursuit of Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
• Currently enrolled, and in good standing, in a post-secondary education and/or technical certificate program in a field related to the work done in the department.
• Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
• Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
• Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Schedule: Full-time Location(s): US-VA-Roanoke Job Type: Intern Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time