A resume helps you stand out to hiring managers and recruiters; your resume communicates your experience and your brand. While it is not required, we encourage you to include an up-to-date resume along with a completed job application to give you the best opportunity to be considered. A complete resume helps us to better understand your unique background, relevant experiences, and passions. We look forward to learning about you.
Provides the first line supervision of various craft personnel on an assigned shift for mechanical operations.
• Depending on whether the position is located at a freight car or locomotive repair facility, duties may involve overhaul of diesel locomotives and their electrical and mechanical components; manufacture, repair and modification of various shop equipment (including car department tools and dies); overhaul, repair and modification of business car mechanical and electrical systems; and inspect, service, and repair freight cars and maintenance of support equipment as required.
• Handles line-of-road train problems and repairs as needed, and will supervise emergency situations such as derailments, crossing accidents, spillage or lading problems.
Job Related Experience:
Minimum Level: 1-2 years Preferred Level: 1-2 years
Preferred Level: High School Diploma/GED (BS)
• Engineering - Electronics Engineering
• Engineering - Engineering Science
• Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Licenses / Certifications: Required: None listed Preferred: None listed
• MS Excel/Spreadsheets
• MS Outlook
• MS Powerpoint/Presentations
• MS Word/Word Processing
Skills and Abilities:
• Communication Skills
• Management Trainee
• Operation Supervisor Trainee
• Craft Position
• General Foreman
• Senior General Foreman
• Division Manager Mechanical Operations
• Shop Manager
Since 1827, Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) and its predecessor companies have safely moved the goods and materials that drive the U.S. economy. Today, it operates a customer-centric and operations-driven freight transportation network. Committed to furthering sustainability, Norfolk Southern helps its customers avoid 15 million tons of yearly carbon emissions by shipping via rail. Its dedicated team members deliver more than 7 million carloads annually, from agriculture to consumer goods, and is the largest rail shipper of auto products and metals in North America. Norfolk Southern also has the most extensive intermodal network in the eastern U.S., serving a majority of the country’s population and manufacturing base, with connections to every major container port on the Atlantic coast as well as the Gulf of Mexico and Great Lakes. Learn more by visiting www.NorfolkSouthern.com .
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.