State: VA City: Roanoke Area of Interest: Student Full-Time or Part-Time: Full Time Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-exempt Requisition Number 480760 Job Title Occupational Therapist Student Location Genesis Rehab Services City Roanoke State Virginia Position Type Full Time Job Description
*** 2024 SUMMER SEMESTER STUDENTS ONLY ***(Rotation START dates between May through August)
If you are looking for fieldwork rotations after this time frame, we will be posting requisitions for the next semester at a later date. Thank you for supporting Powerback Rehab’s Student Program
Powerback is a new way of delivering recovery, rehabilitation, respiratory, and wellness services to patients across the nation. We deliver an empowered approach to achieving your full potential by providing integrated and individualized solutions. Our reimagined approach to rehabilitation connects directly to the patient experience, which is centered on transforming the road to recovery for everyone and helping patients get their power back. It's patient-centered care that provides a sustainable way of feeling better, moving better, breathing better, and living better.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, the Occupational Therapist
Student organizes and conducts Occupational therapy programs for the agency to facilitate Rehabilitation.
In addition, they direct patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance
performance. The Occupational Therapist Student facilitates the learning of those skills and functions
essential for adaptation and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology.
1. The Occupational Therapist Student will follow all Powerback Rehabilitation policy and procedures
outlined in the on-boarding and orientation process.
2. The Occupational Therapist Student will be aware of state licensure requirements and professional
standards related to supervising the Occupational Therapist Assistant and other support personnel
with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
3. The Occupational Therapist Student is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of rehab
services; adherence to an established plan of care, department and patient(s)' schedule, and timely
documentation of services with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
4. The Occupational Therapist Student attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences
and other related meetings with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
5. The Occupational Therapist Student makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to
address the comprehensive needs of the patient with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
6. The Occupational Therapist Student consults with other members of the Rehabilitation team to
select the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs and capabilities of each
patient with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
7. The Occupational Therapist Student Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of
individual patient with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
8. The Occupational Therapist Student promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of
fire and safety hazards with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
9. The Occupational Therapist Student Orders supplies and equipment as necessary with the
supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
10. The Occupational Therapist Student cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of
equipment as necessary with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
11. The Occupational Therapist Student puts patient service first: ensures that patients and families
receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes
the individuals' needs and rights with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
12. Under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist, the Occupational Therapist Student screens,
examines and evaluates patients, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate
tests and measures, synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order to establish
a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the predicted level of improvement and the me
required to achieve it, identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care. Develops
appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the patient and caregivers,
implements the Occupational therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and
record keeping regarding these services with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor. Services
include but are not limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as:
a. cognitive skills
b. muscle strength
f. perceptual abilities
g. sensory awareness
h. sitting and standing tolerance
j. activities of daily living
k. joint protection
l. work simplification
n. physical agent modalities
13. The Occupational Therapist Student designs, fabricates, fits and/or applies adaptive devices, and
trains patients in the use of adaptive devices included orthotactics and prosthetics with the supervision
of the Clinical Instructor.
14. The Occupational Therapist Student selects appropriate activities suited to the individual's physical
and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
15. The Occupational Therapist Student instructs patient in the skills and techniques required for
participation in functional activities and evaluates patient progress, attitudes, and behavior as
related to rehabilitative potential with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
16. The Occupational Therapist Student performs routine reexamination as needed/required to
modify/progress plan of treatment with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
17. Performs other related dues as required with the supervision of the Clinical Instructor.
Qualifications JOB SKILLS:
1. Good organizational and time management skills.
2. Good verbal and written communication skills. Pay Target