How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Performs professional duties involved in a variety of technical procedures to apply for radiological diagnosis of patients of all ages.
• Applies knowledge of growth and development to appropriately care for all patients served.
• Operates highly specialized, technical equipment to obtain quality images. Performs IV contrast injections and other skills as required.
• Performs duties associated with processing patients, which may include scheduling, registration, file management and computer processing skills.
• Evaluates and positions patients with a high degree of professional ethics, care, courtesy, patience and safety.
• Complies with all Carilion Clinic and Imaging policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines.
• Participates in the training of students and staff as assigned.
• Maintains ARRT registry. Enhances personal and professional growth through participation in educational opportunities.
What We Require:
Education: High school graduate or GED and Graduate of an approved school of Radiologic Technology, Nuclear Medicine or Sonography required.
Experience: One year of experience preferred required in CT.
Licensure/Certification: CT technologists will meet on of the following requirements to be considered for employment. Certified/registered by the ARRT in CT, or a candidate for the CT advance certification by meeting the ARRT candidate requirements. As of February 1, 2015 all current CT technologists must obtain the CT advanced certification by February 1, 2017. A registered technologist will maintain his/her ARRT certification/registry and meet continuing education requirements. If certification/registry of certification is not maintained, the employee will be eligible to apply for an open position for which he/she is qualified within Carilion Clinic, or be separated.mAHA BLS-HCP required.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Good interpersonal, technical skills and flexibility in assignments.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 143595
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: day shift, call required.
Recruiter: JASON A BISHOP
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4039
Recruiter Email: JABishop1@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.