How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
***Position is On Site/Hybrid***
Coordinate programs and educational offerings for professional staff. Coordinate all parties involved at various organizational levels including internal and outside agencies, vendors, and consultants. Collect and analyze data on program effectiveness. Make recommendations regarding program effectiveness, revisions, additions, and administrative processes. Work will focus on Carilion Clinic Clinical and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine faculty. These efforts will include the full continuum of medical education: UME, GME, and CME as well as our Health Professional colleagues. Communicate, facilitate, and problem-solve with management, faculty, physician leaders and others to ensure high-quality, efficient and cost-effective curricular operations in compliance with Carilion policy and procedure. Assume other responsibilities and projects at the discretion of the Sr. Director and Associate Director of the Office of Continuing Professional Development.
• Guide and facilitate curricular needs assessments to identify gaps and measurable objectives for Continuing Medical Education applications for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
• Complete post-session-specific paperwork for CME processing and credit assignment for participants. Track participation for certification of completions of selected programs.
• Negotiate arrangements of OCPD curricular series (Health Professions Educator, Education Grand Rounds, Education Day, GME Program Director, Current Topics, Research, Residents as Teachers, and others to be determined) to include speaker communication, accreditation, publicity, tracking, travel, and scheduling.
• Design curriculum related surveys, analyze data and compile reports.
• Develop, update, and maintain OCPD (including TEACH, Faculty Development, Simulation Center, Continuing Medical Education, Leadership, and Wellness) websites using web-based software WordPress, Drupal, and HTML platforms.
• Produce and develop faculty development session videos for hosting on websites with learning materials included for faculty and public viewing.
• Edit videos post-production using video production software.
• Administer YouTube departmental account for curricular video storage and dissemination.
• Oversee audience response systems, webinars, Polycom and Web-ex for faculty development sessions and meetings.
• Design and produce marketing materials (e-bulletin, newsletter, brochures, flyers, etc.) communicating with faculty constituents using Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, and Publisher.
• Advise on TEACH Steering Committee and subcommittees.
• Use critical thinking skills to research answers to inquiries conveyed through Departmental (OCPD and TEACH) email accounts. Respond in a collaborative, service-oriented, and timely manner.
• Negotiate travel arrangements for external speakers and OCPD faculty and staff.
• Monitor expenses to guide leadership decisions and stay within approved budget items related to role. Recommend adjustments when variances are noted. Maintain financial records to distinguish funds collected from various sources and associated expenses incurred.
• Coordinate project requests, access requests, and work orders. Purchase ordering educational books. Order departmental computers, laptops, A/V equipment, software, and supplies. Collaborate with personnel from the Technology Support Group to facilitate use of new software technologies.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Sr. and Associate Director.
What We Require:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, Business Management or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred. Course work in project management, research, or program evaluation highly desirable.
Experience: Experience working in an adult learning environment highly desirable. Proven expertise in managing multiple complex projects including tracking and reporting on budget and actual costs is required. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing projects. Experience in a hospital or health care setting desirable. Proficient in HTML/CSS, Word Press, Drupal, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite. Some past experience in marketing preferred. Excellent communicator and creative thinker
Other Minimum Qualifications: Strong interpersonal, communications, financial, research and organizational skills. Working knowledge of Medical Terminology strongly preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Web page design and management experience is required. Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and able to function independently. Effective teamwork and decision making skills.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.