General Definition of Work Regulates vehicle and foot traffic in conjunction with the moving of children to and from school; does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of a Police Sergeant.
Essential Functions Directs traffic around schools; assists children crossing traffic to and from school.
• Regulates vehicular traffic at designated crossing to allow children to cross safely;
• Regulates children using the crossing to assure that they conform to traffic regulations;
• Assists bus drivers, parents, vehicle operators, police and school staff to ensure a safe and orderly school ingress and egress process;
• Attends meetings, gives statements, provides reports, and testifies in court as necessary;
• Regulates traffic/parking as special events and non-school locations as assigned;
• Performs miscellaneous duties to assist with D.A.R.E., special events and other school functions and events;
• Takes appropriate action with children who fail to cooperate and reports such action as required;
• Performs related tasks as required.