Microsoft Excel Tableau Quality assurance IMPACT Collaboration ADA SQL Attention to detail A+ Law Analytical skill Data governance Research Problem solving HIS Data Visualization Transformation Data Data Science Communication EEO Finance Accessibility Statistics Higher education Business intelligence Dashboard Business administration Inventory Decision-making Computer science Policies Critical thinking Microsoft Power BI Policies and procedures Data Analysis Data cleansing
Job Details When you join Sallie Mae, you become a champion for all students.
We're on a mission to power confidence as students begin their unique journey. To help them plan their higher education, successfully finish, and prepare for life after school. To help them Start smart. Learn big.
Students need guidance navigating this important time in their life. They need someone who acknowledges that their education path is unique. They need a partner willing to evolve and not only meet but surpass their expectations. We're changing. Because students need a better way.
We're looking for people who are excited to drive this transformation. To break barriers and think of new ways to adapt, help, and create better experiences for students-and for each other.
This is where diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives matter. It's where you're empowered to bring your authentic self to work.
Feeling your best allows you to do your best. Our benefits take care of the whole you-from physical and mental to financial and professional. You'll get opportunities to further your education and career, support for you and your family (including your pets!), paid time off to volunteer for the things that matter to you, and more.
We're obsessed with impact and making a real difference. For us, that means putting relationships first, asking "why not?" when tackling challenges, and continuously learning new skills.
Come do more than join something, change something. For students, for future generations, for the future of education.
What You'll Contribute
The Senior Associate, Business Intelligence will work closely with the business intelligence team to gather, analyze, and present data-driven insights that contribute to informed decision-making.
What You'll Do
• Work with the business intelligence team in gathering and analyzing data from various sources to identify trends, patterns, and insights.
• Develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and visualizations that effectively communicate data findings.
• Conduct data cleaning, validation, and quality assurance to ensure accuracy and reliability of the data.
• Assist in ad-hoc data analysis and research to address specific business questions or challenges.
• Work to optimize data infrastructure, tools, and systems to improve efficiency and data accessibility.
• Support the implementation and adherence to data governance policies and procedures.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job; it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this role.
What you have
Minimum education, skills and experience required.
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to work with and interpret complex data sets.
• Proficiency in data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) is a plus.
• Basic understanding of data analysis techniques and familiarity with SQL, Excel, or other data analysis tools.
• Detail-oriented with a commitment to data accuracy and quality.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Knowledge of data governance principles and best practices is desirable.
Preferred education, skills, and experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field.
• 3 years experience or internship in business intelligence, data analytics, or a similar role is preferred.
The Americans with Disabilities Act
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the "essential functions" of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for his/her expertise in performing the function, or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by clicking Introduce Yourself in the top-right corner of the page or create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
Sallie Mae is proud to be an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Click here to view the U.S. Pay Transparency Policy, and here for federal job applicant notices.
Reasonable accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please call and choose option 9. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Report this job • Dice Id: RTX1e8db8
• Position Id: R23_000660