Retail - Bench Store Leader
Owensboro, KY, USA Req #694
Tuesday, November 14, 2023
The most exciting thing about Bargain Hunt is our growth!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Bench Store Leaders are experienced retail store managers who are part of our talented management pipeline and are qualified to lead store operations once a store is available for them.
• Responsible for overall store operation, sales performance and management of store personnel.
• Utilizes company reports and tools in order to assess efficiency, analyze trends, and identify opportunities for improvement in store performance.
• Greet and acknowledge all customers in a friendly, professional manner and ensure customer issues are quickly and efficiently resolved. Ensures every customer has a positive shopping experience.
• Responsible for the interviewing, selection, hiring, training and performance evaluations of all team members.
• Administers appropriate disciplinary action to teammates, including terminations, in partnership with support resources in accordance with company guidelines and policies.
• Continually evaluates and reacts to performance issues and actively recruit leadership candidates.
• Ensures a clean, fun and safe environment for teammates and customers.
• Maintains financial controls including shrink, payroll and other operating expenses.
• Develops creative plans to increase store sales. Develops sales strategies to reach new customers and also grab attention of already existing ones.
• Ensures that the appearance of the store is maintained to company standards including merchandise presentation, signage, stock levels and recovery.
• Fosters, grows and contributes to maintaining a positive work environment.
• Communicate effectively with customers and team members in a professional, positive and courteous manner.
• Serves as primary Manager on Duty role including opening and closing the store. When serving in this role, provides leadership and direction to teammates and ensures that store, merchandising, and customer service standards are continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage, recovery, and cleanliness. Drives
• Focuses staff on loss prevention priorities and efforts.
• Accepts special assignments as directed by the District Leader.
• Follows and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Four year degree preferred
• 3+ years of retail management experience
• Demonstrated leadership skills and team-oriented thinking
• Demonstrated visual merchandising skills required
• Ability to take initiative, act with a sense of urgency and be results driven
• Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills required
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a stressful situation
• Ability to operate store equipment (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers, forklifts, etc.)
• Ability to process merchandise information through store computer system, POS register and complete all required paperwork
• Ability to move throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, including the outside perimeter of the store
• Move objects up to and exceeding 200 pounds with reasonable accommodation. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to travel between stores with some overnight stays required.
Bargain Hunt is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Bargain Hunt also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise Human Resources.
• Pay Type Salary
• Owensboro, KY, USA
Share this job: