Submission for the position: Insurance Denials Supervisor - (Job Number: 2194692)
Insurance Denials Supervisor
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.
Supervises daily staff activities for the Billing office. Prepares, reviews and submits billing claims.
If you reside near 811 E Parrish Ave Owensboro, KY, you’ll enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid -remote position* as you take on some tough challenges.
• Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and levels
• Provides leadership, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff. Assists with performance evaluations and corrective actions
• Assesses quality of services delivered and facilitates staff development programs. Ensures staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures and protocols
• Performs staff responsibilities as needed to fulfill required service levels. Leads the handling and resolution of complex issues and complaints
• Assist in the preparation of reports and analyses, setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions
• Approves various transactions including refunds, allowances, discounts and write-offs per hospital policies. Evaluates and processes insurance denials and late insurance claims information
• Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures. Executes all tasks and behaves in a manner consistent with a culture of compliance, safety and a high reliability organization; behavior supports the organization's core commitments of Integrity, Service, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, and Innovation
• Creates and maintains a work environment that is aligned with the organization’s goals and strategies, demonstrating a unified voice and consistent message from leadership; actively supports all organizational policies and procedures in communications and interactions with staff and peers
• Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment. Works under minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• 3 years progressive experience in a leadership role
• 3 years of denials management and Physician billing
• Epic experience
• Understanding of Medicare/Medicaid policies and procedures & billing requirements
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
OptumInsight RCM Amb Back
Nov 13, 2023, 11:08:11 AM
Schedule: Full-time Location(s): US-KY-Owensboro