Performs structured evaluations and develops a treatment plan in conjunction with interdisciplinary team using therapeutic, recreational, and leisure activities.
• Conducts assessments and establishes recreational therapy treatment goals and objectives to meet the individual needs of the patient.
• Evaluates each patient's progress and the effectiveness of recreational therapy interventions.
• Coordinates therapeutic recreation activities for both large and small groups to observe patient responses and encourage socialization.
• Provides patient and their family with information regarding leisure life styles and creates an awareness of recreational resources in their community.
• Ensures that documentation of care and patient's responses are accurate, complete, specific, and timely.
• Associate's degree or higher in Therapeutic Recreation required upon hire OR
• Associate's degree or higher in related field required upon hire
• A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• No experience required
• BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this position
Skills and Attributes
• Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
• Standing: Frequently
• Walking: Frequently
• Sitting: Occasionally
• Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
• Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
• Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
• Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
• Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Occasionally
• Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Occasionally
• Climbing: Occasionally
• Bending/Stooping: Frequently
• Kneeling: Occasionally
• Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
• Reaching: Frequently
• Talking: Frequently
• Hearing: Frequently
• Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
• Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
• Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
• Running: Rarely
• Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
• Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
• Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
• Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.