How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
The Mental Health Therapist provides assessment, short-term counseling, ongoing counseling, referral and follow-up service to individuals, couples, children, families, and groups. Work in inpatient, ambulatory practices, or Employee Assistance Program (EAP)/patient companies).
The responsibilities of the Mental Health Therapist include, but are not limited to, the following.
• Provides psychotherapy to individuals, couples, children, families and groups.
• Provides initial evaluations, and short-term treatment.
• Conducts and reports diagnostic psycho-social evaluations which are accurate and descriptive.
• Maintains accurate and descriptive records on patients receiving services. Record entries in the electronic medical record must be timely and if on paper must be legible.
• Develops and implements daily schedules for self, or through the respective practice or service scheduling process, which is consistent with need for patient care and the overall functioning of the office.
• Works collaboratively and develops relationships with care teams, physicians and professionals as appropriate to ensure that patient treatment is consistent with their condition and treatment requirements.
What We Require:
Education : Masters Degree in Behavioral Sciences from an accredited university required.
Experience : Two years - Five years of experience in the mental health profession.
Licensure/Certification : Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Psychologist (LCP) or RN CNSrequired. LSCW preferred.
Other : Part of interdisciplinary C/L Team. Interfaces with patients on medical floors and ED. Provides assessment, triage counseling. Facilitate admissions or outpatient referrals.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 142174
Employment Status: Part Time
Location: Carilion Childrens Tanglewood Center
Shift Details: Part time hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Recruiter: DANA E JOHNSON
Recruiter Phone: 540-400-4631
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.