How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
The Receptionist Clerk serves as the front line to receive and greet patients and visitors for the Nursing Unit. The Receptionist Clerk answers calls made to the nursing department and answers questions or forwards to appropriate area if unable to answer inquiry. Receive mail and distribute to appropriate personnel for processing. Assists nursing staff with data entry as needed. Responsible for fax machines, receiving faxes and keeping supplied with paper. Additional duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Prioritizes and performs clerical duties to maintain effective unit functioning. Retrieves unit mail from the mailroom and routes to appropriate individuals. Serves as a unit resource.
• Maintains and orders unit supplies and equipment. Processes equipment between patients as needed (cleans unit based equipment and gathers supplies needed to operate equipment). Operates and maintains general office equipment.
• Utilizes effective communication skills. Demonstrates excellent telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills when interacting with patients, visitors, physicians, and other health professionals. Receives and screens in coming calls via telephone and patient call system. Routes calls to appropriate individuals and takes messages accurately.
• Exhibits competent knowledge of EMR and assists with chart audits.
• Manages admissions, transfers, and discharges. Coordinates patient flow into/out of area using department/unit specific software and Intranet. Schedules patient therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
• Provides support for department/unit staff scheduling, including lunch assignments.
• Monitors cleanliness of the waiting and break rooms, and performs safety/environmental rounds.
What We Require:
Education: High School graduate or GED required.
Experience: 1 year previous receptionist experience preferred.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: None Required
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal, communication, and team-working skills required. Must be organized and self -motivated. Must have knowledge of office procedure and equipment. Must successfully complete orientation and competency validation for position. Must be able to meet essential job functions of position.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 142141
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Rotating Day/Evening and Evening/Night shifts including weekend and holiday shifts
Recruiter: JAMIE S RATLIFF
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.